• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RobMGti

Mapping Prices

RobMGti

I thought it may be of benefit to people on the forum to have an up to date list to work from of what companies charge for a map. Im aware some are done per hours and some are a flat rates but i still think it may be of use. Im not looking for peoples comments regarding how good the mapper is (that is up to the individual to decide after researching them) just a price.

Here are the ones im aware of looking at recent posts and my own research. - UPDATED

Emerald - £250+Vat Flat Rate

ChipWizards - £450+Vat

SBC - £

Longmans - £

HiFlowHeads - £Waiting for Andy to phone me back today, will update when have it

Mikeanics - £50+Vat for first hour, £30+Vat per hour after that

TMS - £420+Vat flat rate (Do NOT Map Emerald ECU's at all)

Tuning Jap - £100/Hr+VAT

Track and Road - £300 flat rate

Please add any you know of below :P

Edited by RobMGti

M3Evo

Tuning Japaneze in Aldershot: £100/Hr+VAT

Mattsav

Track and Road - Steve Greenauld

Charged me £300 for full map

Robsbc

SBC are £40 + VAT for their rollers

Edited by Robsbc

RobMGti

That per hour Rob or just for the use of the RR and mapping is extra?

Robsbc
That per hour Rob or just for the use of the RR and mapping is extra?

A rolling road session is £40 plus VAT and I presume it's an hourly rate.

Edited by Robsbc

DrSeuss

I thought longmans used owen developments for their mapping?

RobMGti

Not a clue, just put them on there as they are well known :P

Edited by RobMGti

Miles

Longmans have there own, Or they did a few years back when I was there, Owens always get good results

But the price of Chipwizards hardly seems worth mucking around with the std ECU, I was going that route but now I think not

Edited by Miles

Anthony
Longmans have there own, Or they did a few years back when I was there, Owens always get good results

But the price of Chipwizards hardly seems worth mucking around with the std ECU, I was going that route but now I think not

Exactly what I was thinking - when it was £300 odd it was tempting, but £450 hardly seems like good value.

smckeown

He's obviously inflating his price as he's got a monopoly and people might be prepared to pay that as they have saved on buying the 2nd hand ECU in the first place. Shame really

pug_ham

Wayne mentioned upping his charges to try to re-coup some of the money he has spent getting his own place sorted out. Didn't know it would be a 50% hike though.:(

Still, £30 for a loom & ecu from a breakers with all sensors etc & then £450 mapping isn't that bad really imo. Emerald etc would more if there wasn't a base map to start from.

Graham.

Miles

That is true, But what if you want a remap down the line?, Short term = Cheap long term Not,

pug_ham
Short term = Cheap long term Not,
Aren't they all?

If you change engine spec frequently it'll cost for a re-map on any if your not home tweeking & hoping for the best.

Graham.

Sandy

If you buy an aftermarket ECU and you're paying by the hour, you should recoup the cost of chip wizards mapping after two sessions. When john Read had his rollers I paid £300 for the inital set up and £100 a time for remaps later. Which was fair given the time and effort he put into it. I

But the truth is Chipwizards can charge what he likes as long as people continue to pay it?

Sign in to follow this