• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nacho gti16v

Gearbox For 205 16v

Guest Nacho gti16v

Hello I possess a 205 GTI 1,9 16v + 2 weber 45/45 which the best gearbox that I can place him is?

Its justified the yield difference between the gearbox of the MI16 and that of the 205 GTI? in that case that difference of acceleration or maximum speed are speaking?

Thank you for the answers.

Greetings

Alastairh

Try doing a search mate. its often the best and easyest ways of getting answers, as this question does crop up very often.

Alastair

Guest BiFf

Hi,

Having had a few boxes on my 16v now I finally settles for an Mi16 gearbox to suit my needs but it depends on your application. Some people prefer a shorter gearbox, some a longer one.

I'm sure someone will pop up soon with a link to the ratios site thingy but I'm not sure where it is atm.

BiFf :P

ANDYGON

basically it depends on what you want the car for.

1.6 box is a good allrounder but with a lower top speed.

1.9 box is less prefered as some say it does'nt keep the engine on the boil at the right time

mi box is similar to the 1.6 box, but has a longer 5th gear for better motorway driving.

gearbox ratio page

Toddman

I use the mi box with 1.6 3rd and 4th which is great and because my engine pulls well upto 8k the gap into 5th is hardly noticeable making it a nice cruising gear and the top speed in 4th is quite enough anyway.

Cheers

Luke

Jonmurgie

What kind of use are you going to put the car to? If it's going on track then I can highly recommend a 1.9 8v box with an Mi16 final drive, it's awesome!!

Guest Nacho gti16v

The car doesn't use in circuits, I use in the street but I want the box with better relationship as for acceleration and final speed, I previously had a Renault Clio Williams and the box is fantastic as this related one, the box would originate of the GTI 1,9 8v is too long but not yet I have even used it with the modification to 16v and the carburetors with that which I cannot carry out an appreciation.

Again sorry for my English and thank you for the advice

Toddman

The 1.9 box with mi FD is just the same as my box except I used the mi 5th as my car is primarily a road car works great IMHO!

Here the ratios

http://www.bx16valve.co.uk/Files/gearbox.txt

4th gear gives 115mph which is quite enough for the road and 5th just saves revvinmg the nuts off it on long runs.

Cheers

Luke

Edited by Toddman

whizzer71

What ratios did the 309 Gti 16V use,is this a gearbox of its own or is it the same as something else?

Tris.

KRISKARRERA
What ratios did the 309 Gti 16V use,is this a gearbox of its own or is it the same as something else?

Tris.

One of those gearratio spreadsheets has the 309 GTI16 ratios and the pre cat version is same as mi16 with a slightly longer 4th. The cat version has same gear ratios as a 205 XS but with Mi16 final drive. (Assuming the info in the spreadsheet is correct.)

Sign in to follow this