• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ablister

What Is This Part?

ablister

side

bottom

Is this a fuel prerssure regulator or non return valve? I bought it from ebay for like £3 (only reason i bought it!) and was advertised as a fuel pressure regulator but after looking at burton power catalouge, it looks like a non return valve. It has the markings 'FSE97' on it

cheers, ali

sorry for crap photos, was taken on my phone

Edited by ablister

mfield

Not 100% but i would say non return valve because it dosn't look like it has the adjustment screw for pressure.

Beastie

If I'm not very much mistaken it's an Apple Pro Keyboard manufactured around 2000 - the other thing looks more like a regulator. I agree that it's unusual not to have an adjuster screw. I haven't seen a non return valve that shape before.

pug_ham

I agree with Anthony, fuel pressure regulator.

Usually used when running carbs afaik.

Graham.

tom_m

yup thats an FPR :P

pug_ham
all confused now!
And now, so am I. B)

After a second look I wouldn't like to say which it is, I'm leaning no more towards the one way valve as it hasn't got any means of adjustment for it to be an FPR.

fpr008.jpg

Test it & see, if you can only blow through one way, maybe it is a one way valve. (Not that I know if you can blow both ways through an FPR). :)

Graham.

ablister

right, i can only blow through it one way so it must be a non-return valve but i contacted the seller again on ebay and he swears it's a fuel regulator. Anyone with carbs use one of these and are they needed for carb conversions? (a one way valve, not a regulator)

mfield

Carbs have fuel bowls so there is no need to hold the pressure in the line i would have thought ? i might be wrong :(

Guest smokinslim

My first car, a 1.1 Mk1 fiesta with a small webber carb, kept pressure in the fuel line with the ignition off. Had to take the top off the carb once, got a face full of petrol lol

Sign in to follow this