• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Sealey Spot Blast Kit?

Pugnut

Is there any point in me buying This gun from Screwfix direct?

will manage to clean up rust on the floorpan, underside and cut through old sealant/waxoyl and remove the old tin worms?

anyone any experience of this one .

nick-rallye

im looking to buy one of these, and i believe sandy has one and recommended it to me.

It will remove surface rust etc aslong as your compressor is upto the task

Paintguy

Mine's virtually the same as that one, and I'd definitely recommend it.

I wouldn't want to use it on too large an area, as I reckon it would be a bit slow for that, but for small areas of rust etc it's ideal. Buy yourself some extra media for it, as you'll use the supplied bottle up fairly quickly, even in recirculate mode. I've been using a fine grade glass one, around £12 for a big bag iirc that seems like it'll last forever.

Although it will cut through all the underseal etc that you mention, I found it a lot quicker to get the 'thick' off with a grinder first, using either a 36 grit pad or wire brush attachment, and finish off with the blaster.

Beastie

Mine's pretty much identical to that one as well. It works fine. As the illustration suggests, it comes with some useful attachments which seal to various different shaped panels, as well as some other attachments which are great when you want to send clouds of blasting media across the workshop :D

Pugnut

had this for a week or two now . as you guys say its maybe a bit slow on larger areas so i've just been using it on a few awkward areas underneath and doing the rest with grinding pads and a twisted wire wheel on the drill. its comes into its own when you use it on small spots on the body work (in my case behind the rear bumper and round the front window) used alongside jenolite you can pretty much eradicate pitted rust.

i've got an old dyson hoover which i use to suck up the used grit , i then seive it back into the 10kg tub :huh: a little goes a long way!!

cheers Al

16v205

Always wondered if you could reuse the media :huh:

I know nothing about sand blasting but ive several awkward shaped items that would be much easier to clean back to bare metal blasted.

Rich

Paintguy
Always wondered if you could reuse the media :huh:

The media I use could best be described as tiny sharp bits of glass. I've found I can re-use it a few times, but after that, the sharp edges get knocked off it, and it becomes much less effective.

Having said that, I've got a 25Kg bag, and I don't seem to be getting down it much, despite regular use :D

Sandy

Agree with paintguy, try to use it outdoors and wear goggles!!

Ahl
Agree with paintguy, try to use it outdoors and wear goggles!!

And don't use it on your kids because that would be beyond reasonable chastisment! :):P

Tempting on some though ;)

Sign in to follow this