• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacko

Front Subframe Mountings

Guest Jacko

Have done a search but cant seem to find anything.

I'm swapping my GTI front subframe onto the Diesel this weekend, however i've had the front subframe off the GTI for months now, and cant remember when i took it off whether there were any bushes or plates or anything that sit between the chassis and subframe on the front mounting positions.

Looking at the Diesel it seems as if there are some bushes or something between the two.

If there were any on the GTI, the're long gone now, so questions are, should there be something there ? and if so can i use whats on the Diesel ? Otherwise its another trip to gsf or somewhere for me :lol:

Thanks

Jacko :o

pugrallye

should be two rubber bushes on front of subframe mountings, but will be identical to the ones already on your diesel

Isnt diesel subframe the same as a gti's anyway?? share same wishbones?????

Edited by pugrallye

Guest Jacko
should be two rubber bushes on front of subframe mountings, but will be identical to the ones already on your diesel

Isnt diesel subframe the same as a gti's anyway?? share same wishbones?????

Cool ta.

And no, its a lowly 1.8 NA D, so the subframe is s*it with crappy wishbones and the arb coming through them.

Come next weekend though, it'll be something very different :o

With that in mind are those bushes still going to be okay ?

Is it worth - can you get stiffer ones ?

pugrallye

cant buy stiffer front subframe mounts to my knowledge, unless stew has produced some?? they should be okay to reuse, inspect state of them when they are free from car

Guest Jacko

Just found this thread actually

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...hl=gti+subframe

As for grinding and welding on the different gear linkages - are the mounting points for the linkage on the gearbox in a different position ?

If not surely if I swap my GTI linkage too then I wont have to mess around with welding a new bracket on ?

Is there any difference between BE1 and BE3 linkages ?

Edited by Jacko

jackherer

swapping the gear linkage mount on the subframe is for people with TU engines and whatever gearbox they use. A GTI subframe will be fine with any BE1 or BE3 box.

Sign in to follow this