• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest sibbers

Confused! Sad? Oil Filler Cap?

Guest sibbers

Hi guys,

Can you take a look at the pics below and tell me what that black plastic thing is?

sad5ks.th.jpg

waterhose6tq.th.jpg

also, where is the oil filler cap? I've seen the thing in the articles but its just not there? instead I've found this plastic thing - and hwats meant to go in the hoses? is it air? because they're huge hoses for air if they are and if they water then what stops it going into the throttle body?

I am well confused right now

feel free to mock :):D

Rob_the_Sparky

First piccy is the oil filler in your hand, surprise the oil filler cap is on the top of it (but will be very tight, they always are).

The small hose from the cap goes to the top of the throttle body and the larger one from the cap to the spare connection in the piccy on the inlet hose just before the TB.

The oil hoses should be fairly obvious from their contents!

Rob

Edited by Rob_the_Sparky

Guest sibbers

Just got under the car and saw it connected to the sump (unfrotunately it was a bit hot before so not so easy) and I got into a bit of a panic.

wow, this has to be the weirdest oil filler I've ever seen! (my first french car though)

My hoses were covered in crap and gunk but they weren't really obviously oil hoses - I was worried they may be water hoses infact, but I couldn't work out why they would connect to the TB. In fact, why do they? Seems like a good way to lower octane levels to me? All that oil vapour going to the TB???

Thanks for your reply, panic over - let the pointing and laughing begin!!! :o:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by sibbers

jonD6B

You won't get mocked on here. We've all asked a question that's obvious to someone else at some point. :o

jonah

AFAIK all engines vent the crankcase into the intake not just the Pug... if you vent it to atmosphere it will stink and almost certainly fail modern emissions regs.

The wire gauze inside the filler cap is meant to condense out oil vapour so that it drips back down to the sump. Doesn't seem to have much effect though in my experience!

Rob_the_Sparky

Also the hole in the TB wither the pipe connects is very small, less than 2mm diamater if I remember correctly from mine (they commonly block solid)

Rob

Guest sibbers
AFAIK all engines vent the crankcase into the intake not just the Pug... if you vent it to atmosphere it will stink and almost certainly fail modern emissions regs.

The wire gauze inside the filler cap is meant to condense out oil vapour so that it drips back down to the sump. Doesn't seem to have much effect though in my experience!

Yeah I agree, but I thought the breather would only come from a cam cover rather than the sump... I'm pretty sure you're right though. I had a bit of a panic last night!

Rob, I reckon I might poke that teeny hole through for what it's worth :D

Sign in to follow this