• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Koni Adjustable Kit - Missing Part.....?

driversdomainuk

HI,

Only got a small bit of info, but my garage who are, at this minute, fitting my Koni adjustables are saying that there is a sort of cable which needs to go on the springs for safety reasons I take it, it is an anchor type thing to stop people removing the strut with out spring compressors..??

According to the instructions, it is part 8.0903af which is not in the kit delivered.does any one know about this and are they really needed (as I am not going to removing them!) and I want the bloody car back for the weekend!

Cheers

Edited by driversdomainuk

Jonmurgie

A strap... never heard of that before buit I guess maybe it's for keeping the spring seated when it's jacked up?! Anyhow, it won't stop them fitting it so just tell them to stop being so anal and fit them!!

Butler

I have fitted about 3 koni kits to 205/306's and not heard of this.

You need the dampers, springs, few washers and a top mount nut and the adjuster key. Can't think of anything else you need.

Here is the last one I fitted:

Marcsx205006.jpg

C_W

I'm pretty sure its a Peugeot part as its shown in the haynes manual (they fit in the holes in the bottom pan of the strut), think its to keep the spring compressed whilst the top nut is removed but you don't need it; use spring compressors and fit as normal.

Edited by C_W

Anthony

Not one on my Koni's and I've never seen one either.

As said, just use spring compressors as normal :)

driversdomainuk

Cheers guys

Thanks so much for the help!! I will tell them to stop being nonces!!

pug_ham
I will tell them to stop being nonces!!
From reading your two latest topics I'd tell them to stop working on the car & take it somewhere else!!

Are they working from the haynes manual?

Graham.

allanallen

IVE HAD 3 SETS AND NOT USE OR SEEN ANY, IF ITS THE SLOTS IM THINKIN OF I THINK THEY ARE FOR THOSE WIRE TYPE SPRING COMPRESSORS AS USED BY PEUGEOT GARAGES BUT NOT MANY OTHER PEOPLE

Sign in to follow this