• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hman205

Mi16 Turbo

hman205

Having talked about this idea many a times i sat down to look at how i would be going about doing such a Build orriginally i had thought

GTI6 bottom end fitted with forged pistons etc...

But my brother in law an experiance engine builder is suggestion it would be better to use a diesel block and cosworth internals

Any thoughts?

jacobs53
Having talked about this idea many a times i sat down to look at how i would be going about doing such a Build orriginally i had thought

GTI6 bottom end fitted with forged pistons etc...

But my brother in law an experiance engine builder is suggestion it would be better to use a diesel block and cosworth internals

Any thoughts?

id go for a steel block... if you was keeping the standard internals go for the s16 block as they still retain a fully floating gudgeon pin, on the piston... and use the gti6 head....

only my suggestion

cheers lee

DrSeuss

2ltr turbo bottom end strapped to whatever head you want and a gti6 inlet manifold.

pdd144c

Go the S16 route and use forged stuff inside. Like DrSeuss said GTi-6 inlet is best. And a DP engineering equal length manifold if you have enough money! Currently finding parts for my build at the moment.

Mattsav

I can now supply forged low comp pistons for £450 + Vat/set from France (IAPEL).

We've also got tubular T16 style exhaust manufactured from inconel. Just waiting for the price.

pdd144c

How much for steel rods Matt? And crank?

GLPoomobile
We've also got tubular T16 style exhaust manufactured from inconel. Just waiting for the price.

Oooooo, that sounds nice! Bet that's gonna be a scary price, though.

I'm still waiting for those 6 numbers to come up :)

Sign in to follow this