• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam205gti

Where To Buy The Rivets For Holding The Trim On

sam205gti

Where do I buy the rivets used to attach the plastic clips used to hold the red strips in place as below

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/samca...ey/DSCF1994.jpg

Peugeot said the only way was to order a whole new rear panel, I am not quite sure but I think they were implying that I needed a whole new rear quarter panel because the rivets came as part of the panel.

I am guessing that these are fairly generic? although they dont look like standard rivets.

Ignore the tatty looking body trim it is soon to be sprayed, this was a cheap replacement as mine was damaged from vandals/thieves.

Edited by cybernck

Phil H

I think the part number is 8742 20.

kuuner

If you can't order it at the Peugeot dealer, then try you're luck at the Vauxhaul dealer. The same pins are used on the Vauxhaul Calibra, i heard.

Dino

Go back to you Peugeot dealer and tell his is talking UTTER UTTER NONSENSE. I bought some of these only a few months ago from Warwick Wright in Mile End.

Call up Ken in the parts dept 020 7791 9000 tell him I referred you to him and he will give you the correct part numbers (explain that you arent exactly close etc)

I friggin hate stupid dealers (hence why I like this dealers so much!! Me and Das buy so many bits off them that they actually know what a 205 GTi is!!) Ken even has a book of the 205 which lists all the part numbers such as this which can sometimes be hard to find on the screen.

timmsy19

if still not luck with a dealer try autofive. they dnt list these on the net but if u give them a call they might be able to help

PhilCTI

I bought some last week from Peugeot parts Tel:01977 677887

they are not cheap though, about £1.80 each!

Phil

DrSeuss
Go back to you Peugeot dealer and tell his is talking UTTER UTTER NONSENSE. I bought some of these only a few months ago from Warwick Wright in Mile End.

Call up Ken in the parts dept 020 7791 9000 tell him I referred you to him and he will give you the correct part numbers (explain that you arent exactly close etc)

I friggin hate stupid dealers (hence why I like this dealers so much!! Me and Das buy so many bits off them that they actually know what a 205 GTi is!!) Ken even has a book of the 205 which lists all the part numbers such as this which can sometimes be hard to find on the screen.

I've used Warwick Wright City (just off Mile End road?) as they're my local dealer and although some of the guys behind the parts desk are friendly and helpful, the majority have been just as clueless as i've experienced elsewhere. Often still resorting to insisting on a chassis number. When i describe the mismatch of parts my car is, they have been known to ask "are you sure its a peugeot?" At which point i generally hang up in disgust and ring back with the parts number.

The service i received from peugeotparts of yorkshire has been good often having alot of rather random parts off the shelf. Along with Neatauto's who spent a good 20 mins trawling through their parts cd in search of bits for me. Without the usual confusion over chassis number.

16v205

I bought some a little while ago aswell, they came in a side trim repair kit.

It cost £20 and had everything needed to hold all the trim on one side of the car, if you have no luck with ordering them seperatly then ill find the part number on the bag.

Rich

nick

I would have thought that the rivets were part of the body panel, I can't see how they are replacable!??

I've not seen the back of the panel but I guess they are spot welded in at the factory.

Nick

16v205

My first gti that I bought years ago didnt have any body trim left on the drivers side and a new door had been fitted due to an accident on that side of the car.

All me and my dad done was mark up the plastic strips against the door, drill some holes and then pop the rivets in. There not normal rivets though, there designed to snap as usual, but the head doesnt sit flush. They have a protruding head on so you can attach the plastic clips to hold the trim on.

Rich

Sign in to follow this