• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TB_205GTI

Oil In Inlet Manifold - Why?

TB_205GTI

Just took the throttle body of my GTI last night trying to fik the rather poor idle, and I notuced the inlet had quite a bit of oil in it. (throttle body and the manifold).

But why do I get that? I'm using a catchtank, and after 2.000Km there is virtually nothing in it, but why do I then get oil in the inlet?

nick-rallye

there is another breather pipe which comes of the back of the rocker cover as well which goes into the throttle bodie. quite abit of oil passes through is

TB_205GTI
there is another breather pipe which comes of the back of the rocker cover as well which goes into the throttle bodie. quite abit of oil passes through is

You mean the little one?

nick-rallye

aye little one is about 2" long

TB_205GTI
aye little one is about 2" long

But I can't see why this shoul give so mch oil when the other don't?

christopher
Just took the throttle body of my GTI last night trying to fik the rather poor idle, and I notuced the inlet had quite a bit of oil in it. (throttle body and the manifold).

But why do I get that? I'm using a catchtank, and after 2.000Km there is virtually nothing in it, but why do I then get oil in the inlet?

Must have been that oil from my tailpipe that got drawn into yours :)

TB_205GTI
Must have been that oil from my tailpipe that got drawn into yours :)

True - you engine does spit out oil of the tailpipe, but you were behind me all the time? (even when I was i 5th and you in 3rd - remember)

christopher
True - you engine does spit out oil of the tailpipe, but you were behind me all the time? (even when I was i 5th and you in 3rd - remember)

Yes I vaguely remember you passing me. It was very hard to tune to DR-P3.. :ph34r: I submit very quick motor Peter. But you had to work quite hard to keep up :) at 1860cc I shoudl hope so :P

Edited by christopher

nick-rallye

not sure why it does give so much oil but on both engines i have there has been abit of oil in the inlet manifold.

i think because that pipe sits above the cam nearly so maybe gets "fired" up there alot

TB_205GTI
not sure why it does give so much oil but on both engines i have there has been abit of oil in the inlet manifold.

i think because that pipe sits above the cam nearly so maybe gets "fired" up there alot

There is a baffle in the camcover, so I don't quite get it why the oil should come from there.

Yes I vaguely remember you passing me. It was very hard to tune to DR-P3.. :D

Thought you old people listen to DR-P1..

I submit very quick motor Peter. But you had to work quite hard to keep up :) at 1860cc

LOL you wish :)

nick-rallye

true there is and i know that cause i got my cam covers of at the moment lol so dunno why i said that.

Sign in to follow this