• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonD6B

Shift Light Set Up.

jonD6B

I am considering fitting a gear shift indicator to the 205 (only because I have one lying around and a few hours to waste) but wasn't quite sure at what revs it should light up on a standard 1.9 engine. Any opinions?

Edited by jonD6B

Jonmurgie

I'd say somewhere around 6-6.3k

jonD6B

O.K. Thanks. I have just looked at your website 'mdracing' - very impressive. You have described the ultimate track gearbox as an MI16 box with 1st to 5th from a 1.9 box with an ATB LSD. What makes this the best configuration? I ask as I have both a 1.9 box and an MI16 box(ready to fit). I am on a budget so will hold off buying an LSD but rather than just fitting the MI16 box is it worth the money having it built to the hybrid with out the LSD?

cybernck

i have the same hybrid gearbox (though without the LSD) and what's great

about it is that all the gears are spaced evenly and the diff is the shortest

you can find in standard boxes which makes the car accelerate really fast!

just not adequate for tracks with long straights where more than 115-120 mph

is required, or for use on motorway!

hope this helps -_-.

jonD6B

So is the answer yes it's worth spending the money to have the box hybrid. I'm not fussed about the motorway driving and will mainly stick to twisty racks to get the best from the car I think (or atleast attempt to). I don't fancy attempting the job myself. What is a sensible figure to pay for the work?

Sign in to follow this