• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IOWGENTRY

Gentry Gear Selector Problem, Help!

IOWGENTRY

Hi,

I have a Gentry 205 automatic, It broke down on me tonight, I went in to a car park, stopped and went to put her in park and it seemed the selector was very stiff and difficult to move in to that position. It then became too easy to move and now wont select anything. The engine at this point was off and as you will all probably know to start an automatic you need to depress the brake and select N or P. As I cant select anything she wont start? Can anyone please help with this problem? I have been advised that it could be the ball joint have become disconnected from gearbox, Any info appreciated!!!! I also could never select 1st manually since Ive had her!!!!!!

Thanks

Phill

cybernck

i guess it has to have a lever for the forward-backward motion (ooh oer)

which had, as you said, fell off the ball joint. try to take a peek down

behind the engine, but it might be hard to see. the best bet is to find

a "ditch" or a car lift and then it will be fairly obvious how it's connected,

though you'd have to tow the car there. what position is the gearbox

stuck in then?

IOWGENTRY

4th (Drive) I think!!!!

IOWGENTRY

Found the problem!!!!! Broken selector cable, only problem is where to get one from? As its a Gentry the cable was not where the Haynes manual said it was, It seems to be all different as they where all imports!!!!

Phill

Sign in to follow this