• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rossimura

Rear Beam

rossimura

Am I right in assuming 309 trailing arms are the same as 205 ones ??? and that only the beamtube, torsion bars and anti roll bar are longer ???

Just I stripped out my old 205 beam this afternoon (practice for the 309 one I've got).

Left hand aide was so badly worn the roller bearings had worn through the bearing casing and pitted the beam tube.... trailing arm shaft was abit knackered.

PsychoSimon

they are the same IIRC

rossimura

Sorry about the repost folks....

306 trailing arms are similar too apparently, gonna be rebuilding my absolutely knackered 309 beam using a diesel 309 crosstube, and I've got a few unpitted trailing arm shafts out of 205s.

I've got another to do on my new 309 after I've done that one (prevention is better than cure etc).

Anyone tried reusing unmarked trailing arms, i.e. swapping a good right hand one for a left hand one ??

Or should I stop being tight and buy some new ones..

veloce200
Sorry about the repost folks....

306 trailing arms are similar too apparently, gonna be rebuilding my absolutely knackered 309 beam using a diesel 309 crosstube, and I've got a few unpitted trailing arm shafts out of 205s.

I've got another to do on my new 309 after I've done that one (prevention is better than cure etc).

Anyone tried reusing unmarked trailing arms, i.e. swapping a good right hand one for a left hand one ??

Or should I stop being tight and buy some new ones..

I'm doing the same job as you at the moment. I wouldn't have thought unmarked shaft could not be interchanged. Ultimately it's not like a crankshaft bearing so as long as the shaft and crosstube are OK should be fine. On the job I'm doing we're going for new shafts as they are not too much and then a used crosstube.

Anthony

So long as the shaft is unmarked/unworn then you can swap it over just fine in my experience, although I'd recommend fitting it round 180 degrees to have it was previously.

rossimura

Cheers folks.... good idea rotating them 180 degrees Anthony :)

Hopefully I'll get round to building a complete (working) beam instead of taking them to bits....

Sign in to follow this