• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Frequentflyer

Heated Front Seats Out Of A 405 To A 205

Frequentflyer

Having bought a pair of leather front seats out of a 405, I now find that they are heated seats, each having a trailing lead with two wires/contacts.

I plan to wire each seat heater seperately to a switch on the dash of my 205 CT1. However I am unsure of what wiring plan I should use - is there anything else I should include in any circuit, apart from the 12v power supply and the switch - can anyone help with some idiotproof advice?

Thanks

Roy

Ryan

AFAIK all you need to do is hook it up to 12v. I'm not sure how much current the seats need, but it could be reletivly high, so you might want to use a relay.

KRISKARRERA

Did you check that they actually worked when in the 405? They are notorious for burning out.

Frequentflyer
Did you check that they actually worked when in the 405? They are notorious for burning out.

Good point. No is the answer. I bought them off JustGTI's of Horsham, but to be fair to them, they did not advertise them as heated. I will now check them out.

Assuming that the heating does work, have you any guidance as to wiring?

Thanks

Roy

AFAIK all you need to do is hook it up to 12v. I'm not sure how much current the seats need, but it could be reletivly high, so you might want to use a relay.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Roy

KRISKARRERA
Assuming that the heating does work, have you any guidance as to wiring?
Nah 'fraid not, but I know someone who does. (I'll ask him if I can give u his e-mail address)

My heated seats don't work and I really cannot be bothered with the hassle of trying to sort them.

KRISKARRERA

Right well I've just spoken to him and he said "12 volts into the brown plug under the seat to see if they work". Or something. Best to find out if they work before you go to the hassle of rigging up switches and all that. Apparently there's no thermostat so the wiring burns out. He fitted a thermostat to his old 405 seats.

Frequentflyer
Right well I've just spoken to him and he said "12 volts into the brown plug under the seat to see if they work". Or something. Best to find out if they work before you go to the hassle of rigging up switches and all that. Apparently there's no thermostat so the wiring burns out. He fitted a thermostat to his old 405 seats.

Many thanks for your investigation.

Roy

Super Josh

Not quite true, their is a 'stat and it's in the centre of the seat base, otherwise the seats wouls just get hotter and hotter. I was under the impression that the wires break due to them being sat on too many times. If you've got access to a multimeter just measure the resistance across the two pins on the brown plug, it should be around 2 Ohms if they are okay and infinity if they are broken. Each seat is going to draw around 6 Amps. If you are putting each seat on a seperate switch you should be okay, but otherwise i would use a relay, especially knowing the quality of Pug electrics.

Josh

Guest Quakes

Hi there im very interested in this mod but was wandering how you use the heated seats from a 405 in a 3 dr car do you keep the subframe from the 205 or do you just lose the ability to get in the back seats?

cheers Jono

Frequentflyer
Here's the diagram showing the thermostat on a 405

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/supe...heatedseats.jpg

Josh

Many thanks again. Will take a look at installing seats and trying heating this weekend.

Roy

Hi there im very interested in this mod but was wandering how you use the heated seats from a 405 in a 3 dr car do you keep the subframe from the 205 or do you just lose the ability to get in the back seats?

cheers Jono

Hallo Jono

I have not fitted them yet. Will be doing so this weekend, using the subframe from existing 205 seats.

Will let you know how I get on.

Roy

Super Josh

Yeah, keep us posted Roy. If you've got AC in your CTi, where abouts are you going to fit the second switch?

Josh

Ryan

cheers Jono

The easiest way is probably to use the subframes from the 205 seats and make some little brackets to adapt them to the 405 seats (which are wider).

Guest Quakes

Cheers for that guys as soon as i can find a set i will buy it and hopefully that will force me to make the braket ive just noticed the bracket is shown in another post so shouldnt be to hard to make

Jono

KRISKARRERA
Not quite true, their is a 'stat and it's in the centre of the seat base, otherwise the seats wouls just get hotter and hotter. I was under the impression that the wires break due to them being sat on too many times. If you've got access to a multimeter just measure the resistance across the two pins on the brown plug, it should be around 2 Ohms if they are okay and infinity if they are broken.Josh
Thanks for that, I'll have to get the multimeter out and check mine then.

Sign in to follow this