• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IOWGENTRY

New Bottom Rear Engine Mount

IOWGENTRY

Hi,

I recently brought a new uprated bottom rear engine mount. It is a lot more solid than the last one, (which is a good thing) but I do seem to be getting extreme vibrations inside the car, Will it wear in and get better noise wise? If not is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Phill

bren_1.3

yes it will "wear in" eventually, but cabin vibration that comes through the engine mount will still be greater than it was with your albeit knackered old mount. the uprated bush will still give more cabin vibration than a new standard o.e mount anyway.

im afraid your going to have to grin and bear it, or change it for an standard mount. perhaps youve gone overkill on the mount considering your old one failed?

j_turnell

Give it a couple of hundred and it will settle down by a fair bit, the noises will get alot less :o

Anthony

As said, it will settle down alot over how it is now. However, at the end of the day it's a stiffer mount than standard, and that means whilst you get less engine movement, it also transmits more vibrations from the engine to the bodyshell (and thus cabin).

IOWGENTRY

Thanks alot guys. Much appreciated!!!!!

PHILL

Mad Professor

Phill did you get the full kit or just the bottom mount, and did you get it / them from bmbaker like I said.

Oh abit off topic, I got my car running sweet with the MS-II now, so anytime you want you can have a passanger ride. :o

Sign in to follow this