• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Urgent Assistance Please

Richie-Van-GTi

was supposed to get 205 mot today, only battery was flat. tried jump starting, it fired for about 15 seconds then died. stuck a new battery in and a jerry can of fuel, it turns over, gets spark but doesnt fire. I listened and theres a hissing coming from the tank area. So I checked all pipes are fine etc and if I stick a live across the pump connector you can hear it buzzing away like a good un, however I undone the fuel line off the fuel rail and nothings coming out when the fuel pump is buzzing. Can the pump buzz but not do anything? Could the pump be blocked in some way? Im hoping if I get it started ASAP I can get her mot'd this afternoon.

Richie-Van-GTi

nevermind, pump was duff, got a replacement car started straight away, got my gas tester today as well so tweaked the fuel/air etc. Should now pass MOT in the morning with a bit of luck :unsure:

Sign in to follow this