• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Upgrading Exhaust Mounts

Jonmurgie

Has anyone bothered getting some updated exhaust mounts on their 205?

Reason I ask is that mine have always seemed very loose, and the exhaust rocks from side to side at the backbox loads! I'm just flicking though the new Rally Design catalogue and PolyX have uprated ones for the 205, at a cost of £12.66 + VAT for 3 mounts...

So, anyone tried them?

jackherer

allowing the exhaust to move with the engine to some degree will put less strain on it than if its attached to the car with firmer mounts so unless its hitting things I'd stick with standard mounts.

Anthony

I've got some of the Poly ones that Griffith Engineering used to sell on my 205 Mi, and in truth I don't like them for a road car. Yes they stop the exhaust rocking around as much, but they transmit a suprising amount of vibration into the car (you can feel it over and above the Group N engine mounts anyway).

If you want them Jon, then I'll happily swap them for some newish rubber mounts as that's what I intend on swapping back to.

Butler

I have perservered with mine and they are ok now for me. But I wouldn't bother again.

Sign in to follow this