• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sherly

Oil Filler Neck........

sherly

After removing my oil filler neck as part of my breather system overhaul I'm having trouble refitting it.

If the fixing into the inlet manifold is aligned and the bolt tightened up the plastic lug doesn't line up with the allen bolt on the manifold.

However after looking at the pug parts CD there seems to be a "flexible bracket" pt no 1439-10 (item 8) in this area.

Am I missing this part?

Has anyone got a picture of this area for comparison?

Cheers,

Mart :o

Richie-Van-GTi

If it helps mines only held by the bolt into the manifold and doesnt reach the other bit. Doesnt seem to cause any problems.

Carl Chambers

I have found this strange before but yes they are all only fitted using one bolt on the manifold

RichF

Yep, there's a flexible bolt thing, it's got a thread on either end and a rubber section in the middle. One thread screws into the manifold and the filler neck is fixed to the other thread with a nut.

edit: btw, the 'clip' that looks like it should clip onto the lug on the manifold doesn't, - it won't reach.

Edited by RichF

sherly

Cheers for the replies. :)

It seems wierd that its only fixed in one place - I can't see the plastic lug lasting long, especially after a few oil changes.

I'll look into making up a spacer bracket to bring the filler neck forward to see if the front lug will hook under the allen bolt.

Cheers,

Mart :huh:

RichF
I can't see the plastic lug lasting long, especially after a few oil changes.

I've never had any problems with it breaking, that flexible 'dolly' helps a lot and stands up to a fair amount of twisting etc. :unsure:

sherly
I've never had any problems with it breaking, that flexible 'dolly' helps a lot and stands up to a fair amount of twisting etc. :unsure:

Good point - I'll have to see if I can get one from pug.

I don't suppose you could take a photo for me for reference?

Cheers,

Mart :)

RichF

sorry, no can do, the Pug's at my parents' - 120 miles from here ! :unsure:

could you post a picture from the parts CD and I'll confirm that it's the part ?

Edited by RichF

Sign in to follow this