• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest donny206

Really Need Help Now

DrSeuss
LOL!

How many engines do you think there are out there running turbo's with the original ECU, re-mapped or otherwise? Plenty!

BODGE

I think the Lotus/Rover MEMS unit can adjust fuelling and ignition timing by up to 10%... I guess it reads lambda values and adjusts accordingly! I would be HIGHLY impressed if anyone could fit all the turbo equipment properly, start it up on standard management and blow it up at idle or even low rpm...

So can most ecu's, not exactly long term though!

What will a turbo boost at 1000-2000rpm? Cylinder pressures would probably be similar to those crazy, crazy guys who keep skimming their heads for high CR and using the standard management! Oh, what fools they are!

No bell end, if the engine isn't hot (which you can monitor, plus it won't get hot for a while) and you aren't going to start trying to rag the thing round the local estate, then I (IMVVVHO) think you will be more than fine at idle and a fair few rpm above as you are probably only boosting at a couple of psi! I think you will get some fairly obvious signs if you are not and won't be generating the heat or anything to damage any engine components... You will notice and get the engine off a long time before that happens!

Still a bodge

It all depends on what the ECU can do, how much boost you are going to run etc etc... At least it will probably start and let you know whether you have all the mechanical things correct!

Megasquirt suggest doing this FYI, it makes sense, but thats not what this thread is about.

The only thing I would be ashamed of writing on a public forum is that all inlet manifolds fit all engines! :o

Have you fitted a 1.9 mi inlet manifold to an s16 engine? Have I? You should bite your tongue, you've admitted to me you know nothing about wiring and ecu's so go tell someone about pipeline flow.

Typing out that post probably cost the good people of the UAE around 60 quid at the outrageous rates you charge. So do some work.

Guest donny206

ok back to topic he he i have sent phil a pm so ill wait to see what he says!

But there is a guy that Hiflow heads knows a uses that is willing to try the megasquirt on my engine and try mapping it! What would be a fair price for this?

DrSeuss

300-500 quid for a mapping session. Most people can map megasquirt they're just afraid to learn something new. The software is actually quite user friendly but you do have to know a bit about editing .ini files.

TEKNOPUG

You could get a reliable 5th injector set-up to work for a few hundred quid. May not provide you with ultimate power but it'll run fine and won't interfer with your multiplex nonsense.

Guest donny206

well i have been quoted around 450 to purchase and map a megasquirt to my engine bu hfh as a speacial deal as i have spent alot of money with them!

So would that be a good deal

Dom9
Have you fitted a 1.9 mi inlet manifold to an s16 engine? Have I? You should bite your tongue, you've admitted to me you know nothing about wiring and ecu's so go tell someone about pipeline flow.

Typing out that post probably cost the good people of the UAE around 60 quid at the outrageous rates you charge. So do some work.

No, no, no! I know all about ECU's and management, but have little interest in wiring etc! Have neither the time nor the patience, but I do have the cash to have someone else do it! But, I will defer to your superior knowledge on the subject...

Except... I wouldn't call anything a bodge if the standard engine management can adjust to cope with the turbo! I would imagine it would be the best, cheapest and cleanest way to go about it, if it can adjust! It is only a bodge if it can't adjust to give the correct inj/ign, at which point people end up adding 5th injectors and such like, that is what I would call a bodge!

Most people with Elises swap to Emerald ECU's after they start tuning their engines, but the MEMS copes with cam changes up to around 270°... Would you call that a bodge? If the ECU could cope with the boost at say 5psi, would that be a bodge?

the best solution for this, without a doubt, is a stand-alone system... But, if that is not available and trying to piggy-back something may not work... What is the first thing you would try? Instead of chopping out a system that you simply don't know whether it will work or not, then spending what will be a lot of money on a new system, which may not work... Why not start with what you have and see what happens!

It won't break on start-up but it will tell you whether it looks like things are going to work... At that point, if it doesn't work, then you can look more closely at alternatives and maybe by then, someone will have worked out how to run the ECU's in parallel or come up with a better solution!

I'm working hard today actually! Making some Brits lots of money off the Egyptians! Lovely! I actually think this thread may have cost them a few hundred quid, but I have done more today than I usually do, so it's all good! :o

TEKNOPUG
well i have been quoted around 450 to purchase and map a megasquirt to my engine bu hfh as a speacial deal as i have spent alot of money with them!

So would that be a good deal

That sounds cheap. Does that include all ancillary cables and sensors, installation, RR time and actual mapping itself?

Guest donny206

lol good to know ur spending lots of money trying to help me :o

That sounds cheap. Does that include all ancillary cables and sensors, installation, RR time and actual mapping itself?

I will be done on a dyno as the engine is out at the min, and they will try and use my sensors and the ones a may need to change are aroound £50 for the lot if mine dont work so not bad!

TEKNOPUG

So are you gonna try and piggy-back the system then? Obviously they can't intergrate it into the current 206 ecu/loom if they are mapping it on a dyno.

Dom9
lol good to know ur spending lots of money trying to help me

Not my money! :o

That sounds cheap

Seconded!

I will be done on a dyno as the engine is out at the min, and they will try and use my sensors and the ones a may need to change are aroound £50 for the lot if mine dont work so not bad!

Still, I was chatting to Sam (DrSeuss) about this and I reckon that if you could have it built, installed and mapped, with all appropriate senders etc for £500 then I would definitely go for it, but...

So are you gonna try and piggy-back the system then? Obviously they can't intergrate it into the current 206 ecu/loom if they are mapping it on a dyno.

I thought that was the point, the fact that you still may not be able to get the rest of systems working with it?! Could you transplant the clocks/dash etc etc from another model that doesn't use a canbus system?

Guest donny206

there going to see if they can get that to run the engine fine and then just intigrate it and also trick some bits on my ecu so faults aren't flashin up all time is what i got from him but im going to ring and speak to andy again tonight!! ill post what he says

TEKNOPUG

Is it not possible to intergrate the new loom into the output sensors, so the OE ecu still gets all the reading and thinks that everything is running fine but then interupt/block the output signals to the engine and use the ones from the new ecu? I guess that you'll need someone familiar with the 206 multiplex though, as I was saying earlier?

Guest donny206

yer it may well be alot easier to get rid of canbus but i have climate control in my do any of the cars have a loom that will still make this work without canbus?

Sign in to follow this