• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Swazy

Mi16 Exhaust Maniold Custom Made?

Swazy

Dear mates,

i bought an used exhaust manifold, 4-2-1 downpipe, it´s from an 309 16V. The owner changed it, so th pipe is going out to the side.

Like this, it wont fit my 205, so my question is could i cut it and pt it new together, with new pipes?

Did somebody of you guys something like this?

I wanna know the lenght of the 4 single pipes to be able to mount it in my Pug205.

Greetz from germany

Swazy aka Patrick

Swazy
Dear mates,

i bought an used exhaust manifold, 4-2-1 downpipe, it´s from an 309 16V. The owner changed it, so th pipe is going out to the side.

Like this, it wont fit my 205, so my question is could i cut it and pt it new together, with new pipes?

Did somebody of you guys something like this?

I wanna know the lenght of the 4 single pipes to be able to mount it in my Pug205.

Greetz from germany

Swazy aka Patrick

Nobody has done an exhaust manifold by himself?

Swazy
Nobody has done an exhaust manifold by himself?

After a lot of thoughts, i just decided to cut the downpipe in three pieces.

I cutted out the curves, but now i have to know how long the new pipes should be?

I think it should have the same lenght like the 4-2-1 manifold for an standard XU9JAZ ?!

Maybe somebody of you could help me out with some details and lenght in cm??

Thanks a lotnp_patrick2_5xs_1__4_large..jpg

Nice ass, isn´t it ? :)

Edited by Swazy

cybernck

very few people on here have even seen that manifold, let alone have it, i'm afraid.

maybe some pics would help? :P

Gentrix

found some

Peugeot_Teile_024.jpg

Peugeot_Teile_538.jpg

Oh and look at the price :P

Teilenr. Bezeichnung Preis

034161 AUSLASSKRUEMMER 1096.33

Rik

Thats a nice manifold for being standard!

Price is nice too haha

Rik

Simes

I'd sell it and buy a Maniflow 4-2-1 manifold.

Swazy
I'd sell it and buy a Maniflow 4-2-1 manifold.

As i bought my maniflow it looked liked that PICT0090orig_S.jpg

So i had to cut out the curves.

Swazy
As i bought my maniflow it looked liked that PICT0090orig_S.jpg

So i had to cut out the curves.

Now i´ve made some pics of my engine including the exhaust manifold from the 309 16V.

np_IM__2_84.jpg

np_IM__2_82.jpg

np_IM__2_87.jpg

And this is the inlet manifold from the XU10J4RS mounted with adapter-plate for using the throttle body from the XU9J4

np_IM__2_86.jpg

np_IM__2_85.jpg

Doesn´t it looks nice?? <_<

Daz_C
Now i´ve made some pics of my engine including the exhaust manifold from the 309 16V.

np_IM__2_84.jpg

Doesn´t it looks nice?? :)

Your NOT hoping to get that manifold into a 205 like that are you ??? Unless your mounting the engine on the front bumper that is ? :huh:

Swazy
Your NOT hoping to get that manifold into a 205 like that are you ??? Unless your mounting the engine on the front bumper that is ? :)

I know that i have to short it, i had the idea to put the downpipe from the XU9JAZ on the this downpipe.

But maybe i can cut it so that i could mount it.

Swazy
I know that i have to short it, i had the idea to put the downpipe from the XU9JAZ on the this downpipe.

But maybe i can cut it so that i could mount it.

Dear Mates,

i mounted my MI16-Engine today for the first time :D, with the inlet manifold from the GTI-6 it´s quite close to the heater :o But it matchs quite good.

The exhaust manifold doesn´t fits at all :( So i have to buy one :( :(

Damn, i hoped that it match !

Pics will follow to show you

jacobs53

gonna say your exhaust manifold is terrible! that will restrict performance more than the standard mi16 manifold

lee

Swazy
gonna say your exhaust manifold is terrible! that will restrict performance more than the standard mi16 manifold

lee

Yes, that´s right, so i gonna buy a new one, reangled standard mi16 i think

Jonmurgie

Don't re-angle the stadnard Mi16 manifold as it will warp... drop Matt @ QEP an email as they do a brilliant angled plate that means you don't have to mess with the manifold:

http://www.q-e-p.co.uk

Swazy
Don't re-angle the stadnard Mi16 manifold as it will warp... drop Matt @ QEP an email as they do a brilliant angled plate that means you don't have to mess with the manifold:

http://www.q-e-p.co.uk

Yeah, but i don´t have even an standard manifold, so at ebay i can get an reangled one in good condition.

np_1B-Motor.jpg

np_1A-Motor.jpg

np_1C-Motor.jpg

np_1D-Motor.jpg

Jonmurgie
Yeah, but i don´t have even an standard manifold, so at ebay i can get an reangled one in good condition.

It will more than likely be cracked... I think I have a standard Mi manifold in the garage if you can't find one more local...

Swazy
It will more than likely be cracked... I think I have a standard Mi manifold in the garage if you can't find one more local...

Wich exhaust manifold is the best in your opinion for my conversion?

Maybe i find one in my area here, if not you will hear from me :o

Jonmurgie

Well going for a proper manifold designed for an Mi in the 205 is ideal, though a LOT more expensive (around £300)... though others swear by using a standard Mi manifold and either reangling it (though as mentioned, this usually warps and craks it) or using a reangling plate.

Unless you can find some options locally then I expect the cheapest option for you would be the Mi16 manifold and a reangling plate :o

Swazy
Well going for a proper manifold designed for an Mi in the 205 is ideal, though a LOT more expensive (around £300)... though others swear by using a standard Mi manifold and either reangling it (though as mentioned, this usually warps and craks it) or using a reangling plate.

Unless you can find some options locally then I expect the cheapest option for you would be the Mi16 manifold and a reangling plate :o

Well, it seems this reangling plate would be the best way to fit my car, otherwise i saw an nice 4-2-1 manifold on www.pugspares.co.uk, an manifold specially designed for the mi16-conversion.

This is the only manufactor of something like that, maybe you could name some different manufactors

Miles

I supply basicly the same one for allot less money, The only other manufacture I know of is Manifow, But at some point I might be making some 4-1 manifolds,

Sign in to follow this