• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim21070

Universal Cv Boots

jim21070

I've just replaced an outer CV boot on my 1.6 using one of these super stretchy universal jobs. It's the only way on a 1.6 due to the fact that the outer joint won't split from the shaft in the traditional manner.

No issues with fitting them, it's a piece of the old proverbial as long as you have a decent cone but... Reading the bit of paper that came with the kit (a Corteco one from GSF) I was intrigued to see that the kit is recommended for "Emergency repair work only". A strange sort of statement really.

Anyone have any experience with these boots? Any idea as to the meaning of the above statement?

Richie-Van-GTi

I wouldnt worry about it, have used them a few times and they outlasted the shafts. I think by emergency repair they mean in an ideal world you would have the shaft refurbed professionally or replaced.

pug205rally

I believe the term Emergency repair only is to protect the vendors from poor quality fitment more than the product itself

Sign in to follow this