• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Instrument Lights

Gavin Waddell

right i stripped the interior for a respray and now im assembling everything together my dash lights are non existant as well as indicators, the indcators work when i use the alarm but not off the stalk :) . now the fuel gauge light works as well as main and full and dipped beam lights.

i did a search and it suggested that check the earths which i did and there fine.

i also checked the rehostat, even wired it directly and still no lights.

on the steering colum there is an earth block in the left and right hand side the one on the left has got a 5 pin connector into it as well as a single connector. where as the other side has nothing connected to it :(

oh and it keeps blowing fuse f13

i dont no whats happening it all worked fine before the strip down

need help.

ps the engine is not in place

Gavin Waddell

no one has any ideas?

jackherer
on the steering colum there is an earth block in the left and right hand side the one on the left has got a 5 pin connector into it as well as a single connector. where as the other side has nothing connected to it :(

thats correct.

ps the engine is not in place

that shouldnt matter, unless the engine loom is connected and some wires/plugs are grounding out somewhere or something like that maybe..? might be worth unplugging the two brown multiplugs under the dash to see if that makes any difference.

f13 is the instruments AND the sidelights btw, are the sidelights in place and wired correctly?

Gavin Waddell

the side lihts are not in place, now the alarm makes the indicators flash when i activate it , but it onlz does the rears and not the fronts. im getting near to smashing time :(

jackherer

next thing you need to do is try disconnecting things one at a time until you find whatevers blowing the fuse (try unplugging the clocks first and if the fuse still blows try disconnecting the front lighting loom.).

Gavin Waddell

right i unplugged the stalk and used abit of wire th brige the terminals. now i found htat the dash lights and the main side and full beam all work, leading to believe tha the stalk is faulty

so off to peugeot i go tomorrow.

Gavin Waddell

right got everything to work, changed the stalk, also found our that there is a little connector block that is fixed above the glove box, it has 5 green wires going into it. now i riveted this to the bulk head when reinstalling the dash, and well it doesnt like to be earhthed as when it was it would blow the instrument lights fuse :)

so i fixed this probles and am happy now.

but now i have reinstalled the stereo and it turns itself of when i make ignition contact?

Sign in to follow this