• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

13cm Speakers

timmsy19

i know this is probably a dumb question but any1 know the maximum mounting depth for the front speakers.

also need some advice on what i should go for?...... im on a budget of about £100 at the mo for front and rears, but want to get the best for my money? been looking at rockford fosgate as they are really good quality but like all goodthings comes a hefty price tag!! :) maybe have some in the future :lol:

im curretly running sony s2050 headunit with standard speakers?

d-9

Im currently looking at Crystal or Rainbow components for my 106, either is £120 for caraudio direct, and are highly rated for sound quality. You will need some sound proofing stuck to the inner door skins tho!

btw, tis defo worth getting components not coaxials.

timmsy19
btw, tis defo worth getting components not coaxials.

ive heard that 13cm comp's are hard to get hold of.

(what am i saying.......internet derrrr!!!) sorry half asleep

bit out of my price range at the mo as ive got use most MOT/TAX new tyres and such alike

timmsy19

just checking out that site now also got to keep in mind delivery charges!!

dnt we get free delivey from caraudiosecurity as members of this place?

its definatly a money thing being this time of year. got keep car running or no job which means no money which means no car and that would be a real shame :lol:

cybernck
dnt we get free delivey from caraudiosecurity as members of this place?

it's caraudiodirect - check the group buys and discounts forum.

TEKNOPUG

Inifinity are good for that sort of money. Be aware that itisn't so much the mounting depth as much as how far they protude forward. The tweeters sit proud of teh cone and it can be difficult to get the original speaker grills back on

timmsy19
it's caraudiodirect - check the group buys and discounts forum.

i noticed that afterwards(what a numpty i am....lol)

Inifinity are good for that sort of money. Be aware that itisn't so much the mounting depth as much as how far they protude forward. The tweeters sit proud of teh cone and it can be difficult to get the original speaker grills back on

i have been looking into the infinatys aswell. i would like to keep original speaker covers on there becauseif the thefing scum around here see them they will do anything to get at em

TEKNOPUG
i noticed that afterwards(what a numpty i am....lol)

i have been looking into the infinatys aswell. i would like to keep original speaker covers on there becauseif the thefing scum around here see them they will do anything to get at em

You can get the covers back on, just don't screw them up tight. They'll be a slight lip on the inside as the grill is angled away. Not noticeable though.

They may well have changed their design in the 3 years since I bought mine.

timmsy19

i think its going to be a trial and error jobby

Guest ecosseroy

[take her up to me m8 i will give u bk a show car :D

timmsy19
[take her up to me m8 i will give u bk a show car :o

hello mate good to see you are now validated.

i want to keep my 205 for at least another 6months yet

Sign in to follow this