• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BiFf

I've Been Busy!

Guest BiFf

Hi all,

Well I've been busy again. I came over all a bit Top Gun (for those old enough to remember that Tom Cruise classic!) on the arming switch. I haven't had the chance to test this lot out yet but thought I'd let you lot cast your opinions on my latest toys installation :lol:

http://public.fotki.com/BiFf/nitrous_install/

Full on stealth beasty in progress lol!!!

BiFf :)

Ahl

Haha! Thats cool. :)

All you need is the top gun music to activate when you hit it. :lol:

kate205gti

haha! ur nuts :):lol:

Jonmurgie

Man that's mental... you gonna get it setup on a dyn oso you know what kind of power that's kicking out?

easypug

How long are those trumpets?

base-1

Trumpets I think are 90mm, and he's not going anywhere near a dyno, ever bloody one I've come across is braked and the extra stress that puts on the engine can lead to large bills when running gas, and I'll kick his arse!

haha! ur nuts :D:)

Clever is the word you're after :lol:

kate205gti

lol blatantly cheating :lol: but cool nonetheless :D hehe! :)

tom_m

quality!

pugboyracer

Proper cool, I like that lots! :lol:

Martin@PRD

Nice install Biff,

If you experience any problems then remove the injectors and remove the machine swerve from the injectors!! Wizard of Nos wont tell you this as they quality check each one :lol: so they say. Or other than that the lines from the Nos/fuel distributor must all be exactly the same length.

Once you have used a few bottles, Im sure you will be aching for a Nos controller. The right controller will have a retard system to be able to trigger your engine management to allow bigger jets. I was able to push 100 bhp (272 bhp) with 3 sec progressive 30-100% power ramp though had to purchase the expensive 0.4 Denso spark plugs, as NGK werent up to the job.

Im surprised there hasnt been anyone pointing out that you have installed the injectors in the wrong position yet, though you are right installing them in the trumpets, though beware of prolonged use or large jets as you will freeze the butterflies in the throttle bodies as this is why big power Nos users install the injectors in the inlet manifold. Though slightly more torque can be gain from this type of set-up, by simply rotating the injectors by a couple of degrees in either direction so they arent directly pointing in to the bodies this can create extra swirl/tumble into the cylinders, but this is hit and miss and will require a rolling road session.

I do have a controller here sat doing nothing as I was going to install into my last project though I have gone over budget and probably will sell it.

Ohone more tip, when launching from the line allow clutch to bite and then plant your foot to the floor, it will bog down for a spilt second though dont worry as this will make you fire you down the road as if you were a human cannon ball, with out any wheel spin, this is how I got passed the Scooby in second at Santa pod.

http://video.freevideoblog.com/Player.aspx...41-CB54820A005D

Good luck and have fun :)

Guest BiFf
Man that's mental... you gonna get it setup on a dyn oso you know what kind of power that's kicking out?

Actually I'm due a remap without gas as a few things have changed since my last session on the rollers. Trouble is I get married in about a months time so all my spare cash has gone on that ATM. Hoping to get over to see DW sometime in the summer for a remap session then though :)

I doubt I'll run the gas on the r/road at all as like Rich says it'll put to much stress on things especially as a direct hit like it is now. I'll probably only run about another 40bhp worth of gas anyway as I don't see much point in going above 220bhp in a front wheel drive car (although there are exceptions before I get flamed :D ) I think it would be undriveable then, and an extra 40bhp worth of gas thats there when you want it but you can turn it off should be useful as my engine internals are all standard ATM so I'm hoping for this to be (dare I say it) reliable, as I use the car everyday. MUST try to get some cash together for another set of wheels and some track tyres this year though as I mullered my F1's when we were at Anglesey :lol:

All in all I think I'll be happy this year if I get as far as track wheels & tyres, LSD, Remap (not necessarily in that order).

If I do get any results though I'll post them here first :(

BiFf :(

kate205gti
Actually I'm due a remap without gas as a few things have changed since my last session on the rollers. Trouble is I get married in about a months time so all my spare cash has gone on that ATM. Hoping to get over to see DW sometime in the summer for a remap session then though :lol:

let me know when you do! :D mines being a garden ornament at the mo :( but hoping for a new engine/gearbox in the next couple of months so mine will prob need remapping as well when its back on the road :)

veloce200

cool vid ! sounds awesome. Looks like a lot of potential for underbonnet fires with an install in the trumpets?! :D

base-1

Not at all, shouldn't be any sources of ignition for one and unless the system is working (only at full throttle) fuel won't be coming out of the injectors anyway :) Nitrous isn't actually flammable (contrary to popular belief) so no chance of that lighting, although if you are on fire and somehow unlease the NNAAAAWWWWWZZZZ, then it'll get a hell of a lot worse!

Martin why are they in the wrong position? They're fine there :D

Kate - cheating, schmeating, kiss my pulsoids!

Sign in to follow this