• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest btwstripe

Identify Me Please!

Guest btwstripe

folks, on every 2 litre turbo pic i`ve looked at on here, none of them have the say "dooda" as mine has. if you look at this post here of 2 engine bays from donor cars, the unit that sits on the passengers side next to the battery, it has a hose coming off it and running to the top of the throttle body. what the hell is it? on my car it is part of the boost hose!

looks like an idle control valve but why is mine different? and do i need the fecker!!

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=48023&hl=

goldie

sonofsam

Yes thats the ICV,i would say you need it..what engine is yours..xm or 406?it is part of the boost hose.i relocated mine to the 'cold' side.dont know if this is right or not

Edited by sonofsam

Guest btwstripe

no idea to be honest mate, i`m new to this!

why is yours not in the same pipe as mine? infact is yours not blocked off?

easypug

I would imagine there different as the engine came from quite a few different models and makes of car. What car did you engine come from btwstripe?

sonofsam

the blocked of one is the EGR(exhaust gas recirculation)

Guest btwstripe

i`m really not sure buddy, was rumoured to be a xantia, gimme 2 tics and i`ll get a pic

sonofsam

best way to find out a general idea of what car it came from is to have a look at the letters stamped on the block at the front right side just above the sump..RGY is Citroen i think,and RGX is Peugeot

Guest btwstripe

here`s the wee bugger i was talking about! apologies for size of pics, i`ll resize them and adjust the link later tonight

the 2 hoses that come off it go to the throttle body and te smaller hose to what i believe to be the amal valve/boost controller. and for you eagle eyes out there, you`ll see no intercooler! yes, the brainy guy i bought it from, took it off, gladly tho it has a wee boost prob at the mo and isn`t running any!! i`ll sort it this weekend tho, hence why i need info on this ICV

c`mon guys!! help me out here

(edit: large images changed to links)

Edited by jackherer

sonofsam

The two hoses that come of my ICV go 1 into the inlet and 2 into the boost hose,im no expert as my engine isnt even running yet.yes that is the amal valve wich on mine also has 1 port blocked of because i dont have the EGR,i could be completely wrong though

Edited by sonofsam

Guest btwstripe

is there any chance the that this is actually an egr valve?

sonofsam

no i wouldnt of thought so,saying that ive never seen what an EGR looks like..I got my ICV from a reputable xm breaker so i would hope they sent me the right part :D

Guest btwstripe

it just seems to me, that most icv are on the inlet manifold, this isn`t and the place that you`ve got blanked off for egr valve is where this "dooda"leads to lol

sonofsam

from what i can make out on your pictures,your icv leads to the inlet ,should lead into the top black plastic port above the main inlet ..measures about 20mm dia,the one i have blocked on the inlet is much smaller in dia. and below the plastic one.

What are your running problems anyway? if your icv(or mine) is in the wrong port maybe try swapping them over to see if it makes any difference

Edited by sonofsam

Guest btwstripe

i have no boost or at least very very little, after start up, i have a few things to check, but my main reason for asking is that i`m gonna be fitting an intercooler and i want rid of that black hose as it`s ghastly!

sonofsam

o i see.no boost probally means your amal valve is broke or not plumbed in correctly,im not saying it is though..seems to be a common fault from what i have been reading on these engines.good luck with it all :D

i did spot an amal valve in my local scrap yard last weekend..gimme a shout if its needed.

Guest btwstripe

i appreciate that mate, i`ve got one from a cossie lying, gonna try and plumb that bad boy in! the less french parts the less that can go wrong lol

whizzer71

Thats the Idle control valve,just an air bleed valve basically,shouldnt affect the boost control,as its only an aux air valve !.

Tris.

DrSeuss

you correctly identified them as the icv (it should hum when the ignition is on). And yes the other one is the amal valve.

Your draper fault code reader should work on that engine. And its worth doing.

Guest btwstripe

i have a bleed valve sitting in my toolbox, for arguements sake to rule out the amal valve, how do i replace it with the bleed valve? blank off the hose from the icv area? and join the other 2?

also where do other conversions icv sit? pic would be great!

Sign in to follow this