• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Megster

Which Fuel Pump For My Twin 45 Conversion?

Guest Megster

Facet Red top? Which one? I don't understand the jargon in the Demon Tweekes Catalogue!!! Can anyone please tell me the precise pump that i need to get.

Thanks in advance,

AJ

richiew205
Facet Red top? Which one? I don't understand the jargon in the Demon Tweekes Catalogue!!! Can anyone please tell me the precise pump that i need to get.

Thanks in advance,

AJ

I have got a Red Top running my 40's, works a treat.

markrnorton

red top is the baby, with a filter and regulator

richiew205
red top is the baby, with a filter and regulator

Not even that, Ive got mine coming from the standard fuel filter and just jigged the pipes from my petrol tank around to take away the standard fuel pump set up. Got the pump mounted on my inner wing where the jack normally sits

dodsworth_gti

yeah mines on the standard one

jonnie205

No junk the standard one. You want a filter king so you can adjust the pressure gong into the carbs and also filter the fuel going into the crabs. Facet red top will be just fine for the job

boombang

Issue is you want large flow at low pressure - so the bowl is full of fuel without excess pressure forcing the needle out, fuel into the bowl and then out into the carbs and cylinders.

Holey do a pump that requires only a filter, and has massive flow at low pressure.

205mattgti

i use a facet red top pump with a king feul regulator with the glass bowl on the bottom and it works great with my twin 45 webber carbs

Sign in to follow this