• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cactus

Mystery Yellow Wires

Cactus

I have been doing a mi16 conversion on a J plate 1.9 for the past year or so (a year?!!! dont ask its a sorry story) and I have two yellow wires with a yellow female connecter on the end, that are hanging loose underneath the instrument cluster close to the earthing block that is mounted on the off side of the steering column. Anyone know what they are for?

If you plug it on to the earth block, which is where I thought it came from, you get an orange choke light illuminates on the dash. I also suspect this may be what caused my coil to catch fire.

I have been off and on this project for ages and I cant remember if the wires went any where or just hung loose.

Anthony

There is atleast one yellow wire that's loose under the dash - as you've discovered, it's for the carb models that have a manual choke. Leave it unplugged and just tape it up out of the way.

Your coil problem won't in any way be related to that wire.

Cactus

Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow I will investigate the coil, the thing just got hotter and hotter untill it melted. I guess I have wired something up incorrectly.

Sign in to follow this