• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

Turning Grey Arches And Bumpers Black

gti-hysteria

i have a phase 1.5 cti with grey arches and bumpers, i want them to be mlack like the phase 2, am i best 2 replace all or can i get a good look and finish from painting? any tips on how to paint em?

timmsy19

hi mate i belive there is an article on the main 205gtidrivers website for trim refurb

gti-hysteria

ok cheers guys, im new to this forum so havnt had a good chance to look around,

PhilCTI
ok cheers guys, im new to this forum so havnt had a good chance to look around,

I've just done the same to my 1.5 cti, I just used the halfords bumper preparation to clean them, then their black plastic bumper paint, followed by clear lacquer, rubbing down with wet and dry inbetween,

they have gone from the colour of this bumper

http://public.fotki.com/pillowjo/205_cti_r...tion_begin.html

to this

http://public.fotki.com/pillowjo/205_cti_jan_06/jan_022.html

I'm very pleased with the results, I think it will look good being a white car

hope this helps

Phil

ashley peddle

Have to ask why you used wet and dry inbetween? fair enough if you want a nice gloss finish but you want it to be matt/dull so that it looks how it should look? if you want it to be a gloss finish then you shouldnt use the bumper paint - you should use normal car apint along with plastic primer :rolleyes:

PhilCTI
Have to ask why you used wet and dry inbetween? fair enough if you want a nice gloss finish but you want it to be matt/dull so that it looks how it should look? if you want it to be a gloss finish then you shouldnt use the bumper paint - you should use normal car apint along with plastic primer :rolleyes:

Hi Ashley,

All new ground for me so I was following the article from the main site

I only gave them a light rub for the next coat to key into, I didn't use a primer, straight in with black spray, the first trim I lacquered without using wet and dry, and the lacquer bubbled and looked awful when it dried. I'm happy with the way they have turned out, I don't think they are as glossy as the car in the article.

I'll see what they are like when fitted and how long they last,

maybe an alternative article should be posted on the main site if you feel there's a better way of doing it

Phil

gti-hysteria

they look good 2 me mate, gotta last longer than back to black bumper car tho havnt they, so maybe at the weekend i will start pulling the arches off.

kate205gti

black trim wax stuff is good for a quick fix :angry:

Sign in to follow this