• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Heater Problem

timmsy19

hi again ppeople. ive got a slight problem and its probably easily fixed. My heater heats and cools down but there is no blow to it. i have had the car 6months and up untill i drove my brothers gti for a day i thought all was fine. its up full blast but is reluctant to blow. any one had the same problem or know what ive got to do to fix this fault

timmsy19

Thanks very much Ahl

ini

Sounds like heater fan resistor, located on the underside of the heater box, next to the fan. It controls fan speed.

Edited by ini

timmsy19
Sounds like heater fan resistor, located on the underside of the heater box, next to the fan. It controls fan speed.

is that the big black clyinder thing under the glove box in passenger foot well. ive had a look at this and though to myself i need to know abit more about this before i start taking it apart. i see in other posts like this that people have said that this is the thing. is this what im looking for?

Ahl

Didn't you read any of those topics I linked to?

Big black cylinder is the fan itself. 3 phillips screws and it falls out from the bottom - don't worry, you can't damage anything.

Next to the fan is the rheostat. This is a small black rectangular thing held in by 2 phillips screws. Again, you can't really damage anything, unless you go crazy with a hammer.

The rheostat is often clogged up with crud and can be a bit rusty. You can clean it all up (be careful not to lose the bits on the middle contact thing) and the fan might start working again.

Edited by Ahl

timmsy19
Didn't you read any of those topics I linked to?

yes i did but me being me and not very technical minded unless its something to do with I.C.E or bodywork. just wanted to make sure.

thanks for the advise people.

Sign in to follow this