• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest maynard

Meguiars Clay Bar

Richie

Im a bit wary about these clay bars as i saw pics of some guy who used one and it went wrong. Looked a right mess. Would like to have a go though. Do you just rub it over the paintwork, leave it, then polish over it?

Guest maynard

Wash the car, rub the bar over, re-wash. :wacko:

It comes up so clean - more pics...

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

KRISKARRERA

Freakin eck, that car looks like it was just resprayed.

Guest maynard
Freakin eck, that car looks like it was just resprayed.

Nope, it's been re-clayed :):P

Henry Yorke

The claybar is that good it accidentally picked up the Peugeot badge from the front!! :)

KRISKARRERA

Hehe my dad's bought this from Helfrauds yesterday. I'll see if I can borrow it, just to test it.

KRISKARRERA

Hmm, I'm not impressed. Washed car, dried a panel with a clean cloth, sprayed Meguiers misting s*it on and rubbed the clay bar over. And nothing happened, so I tried again but still all I ended up with was nasty blu-tak smearing on the paintwork.

Did I do something wrong?

d-9

yes, you're an idiot.

Rippthrough
Hmm, I'm not impressed. Washed car, dried a panel with a clean cloth, sprayed Meguiers misting s*it on and rubbed the clay bar over. And nothing happened, so I tried again but still all I ended up with was nasty blu-tak smearing on the paintwork.

Did I do something wrong?

Not enough lube :D

Guest CB-Dave

what a pain in the arse these are to use... I bought one today and even after lubing the paintwork to such a stage where homosexuals were intending to have my car enter them anally, I still ended up with clay smears on the bonnet and it picked up the square root of f'all grit... intensive application of it (ie spray like fcuk and rub the clay till it sticks to the paint) managed to get some of the bird poo marks out of the paint, but for the most part it's £11 down the pot imo...

"i've got something to put on you... it's a clay bar clay bar claybar..." indeed

Rippthrough
what a pain in the arse these are to use... I bought one today and even after lubing the paintwork to such a stage where homosexuals were intending to have my car enter them anally, I still ended up with clay smears on the bonnet and it picked up the square root of f'all grit... intensive application of it (ie spray like fcuk and rub the clay till it sticks to the paint) managed to get some of the bird poo marks out of the paint, but for the most part it's £11 down the pot imo...

"i've got something to put on you... it's a clay bar clay bar claybar..." indeed

Your not supposed to put any real pressure on it you know!

Don't you lot read the instructions? :D

Pulled loads of s*ite of our cars with one.

d-9

You have to really lean on it and drag it over, constantly folding the clay so it has a fresh bit onto the paint. And yeah it does leave clay marks, thats why you have to wash the car again after...at which point you realise its really smooth now.

Rippthrough
You have to really lean on it and drag it over, constantly folding the clay so it has a fresh bit onto the paint. And yeah it does leave clay marks, thats why you have to wash the car again after...at which point you realise its really smooth now.

Shouldn't need to, just run it over really gently, leave's no clay marks, doesn't burn the paint like leaning on it can, and you can feel it 'tugging' when it picks up some crap.

Edited by Rippthrough

KRISKARRERA

Well neither method works. Maybe there's nothing to clean off on my paint work.

d-9

is your paint smooth as glass already?

d7ve_b
.....you can feel it 'tugging' when it picks up some crap....

Of course not but I tried every method you can think of. Hard and fast, slow and soft, lots of the spray. Made no difference....

Are we still talking about cleaning cars?

Sign in to follow this