• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest maynard

Meguiars Clay Bar

Guest maynard

product_G1116.jpg

Having heard a lot about this product I decided to try it out to smooth some rough patches of paint. The results were better than I imagined, and I highly recommend!!

The clay bar is really a lump of clay, and you rub it over the car after washing to remove all bits that are stuck into the paint and make it appear dull. The finish will be as smooth as glass and be ready to be polished over.

ashley peddle

this post is nothing without pics mate :D i like autoglym myself as its easier to remove but im always open to new ideas (ohhherrrr :unsure: )

Guest maynard

Everything else I use is AutoGlym as their range is much more straightforward!!

I didn't bother with pics as there's not much to show, just a clean car!! :D

May pop out for a photoshoot after Neighbours though :unsure:

pugboyracer

Gotta watch Neighbours. :unsure:

d-9

i got a mate to gaybar my old 205 and it made a big difference, followed by the meguirs polish and wax it transformed the apperance of the car..bit gaybar thou

ashley peddle

winner :unsure:

Guest maynard

Enough gay and chav banter, here you go kids....

DSCF0059.jpg

ashley peddle

its white - you cant polish white cars :D well you can but it will just look the same :unsure:

Guest maynard

I know.

It's the most gay, unrewarding colour ever in the whole world. :unsure:

timmsy19
its white - you cant polish white cars :D well you can but it will just look the same :unsure:

thats nnot stictly true..i recently had my white 205 pro polished and the shine and the feel of the paint was remarkable. every weekend im out cleaning and polishing with my autoglym and it looks superb.

ive even been told it looks like its had a rel good respray

DrSeuss

I never bother washing my white cars, they look dirty either way. So i just leave them dirty. And white is the best colour ever.

Guest maynard

I brought the clay bar mainly to get the paint feeling good again as it was very rough in places.

Feels great all over now, which is the main thing :unsure::D:D

timmsy19
I brought the clay bar mainly to get the paint feeling good again as it was very rough in places.

Feels great all over now, which is the main thing :unsure::D:D

now that good to hear i spent £30(normaly over £100) on getting my paint pro polished from my brother in-law money well spent. if the clay bar is as good then i would recommend it

d-9

Feels great all over now, which is the main thing -_-:D:D

Do you spend much time stroking your car?

ashley peddle

gets him in the mood for going to the clay bar -_-

lordvader

My paint doesn't look bad, but when I run over it with my finger, it feels a little rough (and actually grabs onto a microfiber cloth).

Can the clay smooth that stuff out, or will I need to take more drastic measures ?

timmsy19
My paint doesn't look bad, but when I run over it with my finger, it feels a little rough (and actually grabs onto a microfiber cloth).

Can the clay smooth that stuff out, or will I need to take more drastic measures ?

as this guy says try the clay bar first. i wish i had known about this before i got it pro polished thankfully it wasnt full price. by the sounds of it its definatly worth a try

Andy_C

Clay (or indeed gay :) ) bars will remove stuff that polishing, whether by hand or machine, can't. They pick up all the contaminants which actually bond to the paint, such as tree sap and other fallout. Having used a few different buffers I can confirm that this is pretty correct as even the "best" buffer won't shift tree sap that's hardened.

Polishes & glazes also work way, way better on a freshly clayed surface :)

Guest maynard

My roof was VERY VERY rough, it was s*it! lol

but the clay bar sorted this right out, like a gay bar sorts the men from the boys.

I've just done my first polish since the clay bar and it's sooooo much easier and smoother :)

Ahl

This sounds good. I've never really understood clay bars until now.

Im tight as anything though. Can anyone recommend a good cheap claybar or a cheap place to buy them?

Andy_C

Speak to Clean & Shiny (remembering your 10& Drivers' discount) - cheaper than Halfords!!

Sign in to follow this