• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lordvader

Hard Leather "repair"

lordvader

Hey all!

My GTi has leather seats (tasty), however, it appears that the previous owner wasn't religious in looking after them, and most of the leather (especially the lower bolsters) has become very hard. It hasn't cracked, but is it possible to restore the leathers "softness" ?

At the moment I've been using meguiers leather cream stuff, but I'm starting to think that section of the seats are a lost cause (the rest of the leather, that hasn't been overly exposed to the sun is fine).

A lot of people talk about autoglym leather stuff, can that ressurect my leather ?

Edited by lordvader

Richie

I use autoglym leather cleaner an it does soften the leather up nicely.

d-9

I found the autoglym stuff did bugger all when i had this problem in the goodwood. Saddle soap was pretty effective thou, if a little funny smelling

lordvader

Great :unsure:

Conflicting reports ...

Keep 'em coming !!!

sherly
This stuff is the best

Liquid Leather

Steve

I totally agree - use the liquid leather cleaner, gently applied with a toothbrush then condition with the leather conditioner.

It certainly gives good results.

Mart :unsure:

Anthony

I have had some poor experiences of the Autoglym leather care - it made my Phase 2 half-leathers go very dull and almost cloudy, and has caused them to noticeably dry out. Really not impressed at all as the seats were better before I used it! Saddle soap mildly improved things, so that's what I've been using.

I've heard several recommendations for that liquid leather stuff though (the other one I always hear good things about is the Woolies one), so those coupled with the two recommendations above means I'll order some and give it a whirl -_-

Super Josh

I've got one of the Liquid Leather kits to recondition and to recolour the scuffs. It's on the 'ToDo' list, so i'll report back on my findings.

Josh

Richie

Hmm, well i think maybe ag leather products work better for me because i treat my leather once a week. :rolleyes:

joelpsmith
This stuff is the best

Liquid Leather

Steve

Yep i use this about every 6 months, stops the leather from cracking and keeps it soft.

Only thing is the smell, its meant to be an authentic leather smell, but for about a week after application it is totally over-powering. After that it dies down a bit and is actually quite pleasent and realistic.

lordvader

Can this liquid leather stuff be gotten in Australia, or am I gonna have to order it ???

SPGTi
Can this liquid leather stuff be gotten in Australia, or am I gonna have to order it ???

Never tried to order it from Australia :rolleyes:

Follow the link I put in my first reply, there must be contact details / email address. I am sure they will let you know. Gliptone are the company that produce it so you may have more luck searching under Gliptone in Oz.

Steve

Super Josh

Uk only as far as i'm aware. But i'm sure they'll ship it down under. And shouldn't cost the earth, unlike shipping stuff the other way.

Josh

Sign in to follow this