• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest btwstripe

8v Turbo - No Boost

Guest btwstripe

hiya folks,

i have a 205 turbo that i`ve just picked up, it`s a xantia conversion as far as i know. very strange problem. if the car has been left over night, it will run normal boost for 5 mins, after this time, no boost at all! seems that once the car has warmed up, it will not boost what-so-ever.

i`m just really looking for folks thoughts and ideas, i`m not too clued up on these endgines, but i do have loads of experience with turbos in general. my own thoughts are that it could be a possible weak actuator, but i`m not sure if these engines have any common faults that i could be overlooking. i have access to a good turbo and actuator from the 11th when my mate is back from hols.

any ideas?

DrSeuss

sounds like the amal valve being crap.

Have you tried reading the fault codes out of the ecu?

Guest btwstripe

hmmm, as i saiy mate, i`m new to this, couldn`t tell you how to do that? any ideas why if a faulty amal valve does it only happen after warm up?

DrSeuss

Don't know, but when my mates car was only running 2psi of boost it was due to a faulty amal valve (i'm guessing you've some familiarity with fords?)

Reading fault codes out is pretty simple but you'll need a fault code reader, you can either make one if your reasonably handy with a soldering iron or buy one from halfrauds. It'll give you codes that point to faulty sensors etc.

Guest btwstripe

i have a draper one that i bought way back for my days at vauxhall, no doubt i could modify it to suit, is there an online guide on here? i`ll try a search in a mo, still trying to wake up!

RHULPUG

any chance this is the white 205 turbo in scotland that went on ebay a while ago...if so the owner said it needed a new actuator....

Guest btwstripe
any chance this is the white 205 turbo in scotland that went on ebay a while ago...if so the owner said it needed a new actuator....

yes, but the owner also ran the car with no intercooler :D , and removed a storm single wiper as it "didn`t work", went to the scrappies, fitted the new linkage, then found the retaining nut for thestorm linkage in the scuttle! :unsure: so all thoughts from that boy will be disregarded :P

RHULPUG

did you get a good deal in the end? Was looking at that car, but thought it seemed a bit too much mechanical work for someone with very little mechanical knowledge of turbos. How's the actuator problem going?

Guest btwstripe

i`ve still to have a look at it mate, i`ve been on the hunt for a car for the g/f which i just got that sorted today, so hopefully i`ll get my claws into it this weekend!

i got an amzing deal to be honest, i should`ve been wearing a ski mask -_-

RHULPUG

haha, the guy did seem quite keen to get rid of it...was put up twice, 2nd time for Buy it now 500quid

Guest btwstripe
haha, the guy did seem quite keen to get rid of it...was put up twice, 2nd time for Buy it now 500quid

:angry:

Sign in to follow this