• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SmokingMesaMan

Petrol Overspill Marked Plastic Trim..

Guest SmokingMesaMan

Alright guys, Happy New Year.

Filling the car up when some petrol came out the filler cap, down the paint and onto the rear arch trim. I know I should have got it off straight away, but alas!

Now the plastic has gone like a white/grey but hasn't blistered - would a decent trim restorer like the Auto Glym etc help restore?

Thanks

Rob

Robsbc
Alright guys, Happy New Year.

Filling the car up when some petrol came out the filler cap, down the paint and onto the rear arch trim. I know I should have got it off straight away, but alas!

Now the plastic has gone like a white/grey but hasn't blistered - would a decent trim restorer like the Auto Glym etc help restore?

Thanks

Rob

Yes Autgolym trim restorer will sort it out

Redtop

This is worth a try, as i done it to faded trim on a vaux nova. I used a heat gun but don't go too close with it. I done the whole trim as it had been faded by sun and it did restore it to a deeper colour. Worth a try and would help the look of your car if the autoglym restorer is washed off by rain at times. As i said make sure you don't hold it on too long in one place! Just do it lightly. Hope this helps. :)

Guest SmokingMesaMan

Knowing my luck I'll try it and then my next question would be "how do I remove melted trim stains?" :)

taylorspug

Good advice from Redtop there, can confirm this method works well. :)

Paintguy
Good advice from Redtop there, can confirm this method works well. :)

Yep, I use it regularly myself as well :)

richiew205

I do it every so often and I just use black to black to cover it job done. Heat gun sounds a bit sketchy.

Sign in to follow this