• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Redtop

Gearbox Stripping Problems

Redtop

Hi Guys I have a problem stripping my gearbox on my 1.9 205. It is a 1989 phase 1 with a be 3 box with the axle type fork for the release bearing. The problem is that im trying to remove this fork as im for getting it bead blasted and plated gold again. The bushings on this are also worn badly and need replaced. Think this was my heavy clutch problem as well as a cable. I have broke the top bushing. I can't get the pin out on the exterior of the box. How do you get it out? Should i use heat? Im scared of breaking the casing. Should i remove the gears and other part of the casing to help. Any ideas would be appreciated :) Cheers

Richard.

Miles

You can either use a puller (7mm nut and washers) to extract the stud or hit it with a hammer and punch, Failing that like most you have to cut it out and replace with a new one, Which is bext as the arm normally wears anyway, A new one is around £35.00 from Pug and wroth doing

Sign in to follow this