• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Swazy

Mi16 Ecu On Xu9jaz Loom

Swazy

I want to run the orig. ecu on the loom from the xu9jaz, does it match?

I hope so, don´t want to mount the loom from mi cause i already mount the loom from the jaz!

You know the base was an 205 xs with tu-engine

petert
I want to run the orig. ecu on the loom from the xu9jaz, does it match?

Yes, if you have a 3 row Mi16 ECU as well. All you need to add is the two wires for the idle motor, and a wire for the knock sensor if you're using one.

Swazy
Yes, if you have a 3 row Mi16 ECU as well. All you need to add is the two wires for the idle motor, and a wire for the knock sensor if you're using one.

An knock sensor i don´t use. Sorry my english is not the best, so whats an idle motor??

Wish u all a good start without probs in the year 2006

Greetz from germany

cybernck

we have you saying this and some other saying it's a pain in the ass to use it

as the length of the wires doesn't match up at all and there are some other

issues with it... :blink:

An knock sensor i don´t use. Sorry my english is not the best, so whats an idle motor??

it's an ICV (Idle Control Valve) that is mounted on the inlet manifold and adds

air to the engine when the throttle is closed. gti uses SAD (Supplementary

Air Device) that works in a different manner (there's an articles about it on

the website).

petert
we have you saying this and some other saying it's a pain in the ass to use it

as the length of the wires doesn't match up at all and there are some other

issues with it... :blink:

Happy to provide wiring diagrams if you can't work it out.

jackherer

cybernck is referring to this thread

rich_w

Banjo tired adding the relavant wires and failed in his mission, Peter can you post some wiring diagrams? I am happy to host if you need some webspace.

Swazy
Banjo tired adding the relavant wires and failed in his mission, Peter can you post some wiring diagrams? I am happy to host if you need some webspace.

So it´s better to use the orig. Loom from the mi16?!

I´ve got one here, it was quite easy to mount it, so i didn´t wanted to mount the one of the mi16.

But i didn´t mount the engine yet, so it shouldn´t be a big problem to mount the loom.

The only question is, the loom from the xu9jaz is connected with the loom for the lights and stuff over the orig. connection, could i connect the loom of the mi over this orig. connection too?

This connection is underneath the dashboard, will means by european cars with left stearing under the right side of the dashboard

IvarS

This is an easy mod, in my opinion. You need to add the knock sensor, or Motronic will switch over to "limp home mode" and the engine fault light will come on. The only tricky part is adding the extra wires into the ECU connector.

Idle valve

The same 12V-feed as the injectors, other cable to pin 4 in connector (ground through ECU).

Knock sensor

Same 12V-feed as TPS and coolant temp sensor (pin 46, I think!), other cable to pin 30 (empty).

What I did was tear off all the tape from a Mi16 loom, find the cables for idle valve and knock sensor, then copy the wiring into the XU9JAZ loom. Guess what, it works :)

Edited by IvarS

Banjo

Cool, will have to try again with my loom.

Ben

Sign in to follow this