• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest doggydowg

Mi16 Alternator

Guest doggydowg

what size is the std alternator in an mi16 i ask because i think this may be the cause of some elctrical faults i am having with my amp its a 1580rms joby but i cant get enuff power to it to drive speakers as it goes into protect mode.

any one else had problems with running powerfull amps off of stock eectrical systems in mi16s?

Thanks Paul.

pug309twin40s

standard mi16 alternator is an 80amp alternator which is more powerful then the standard 309 gti alternator that are usually 50-70amps.

which you have the 405 alternator.

sounds more like battery trouble to me as those 405 alternators pump out plenty of power.

If your free monday come round mine or i can come round yours and have alook at the battery/alternator.

Dj_mini

Its normaly the big bass drops that put a dip in the power (lights will dim ect) this could be whats causing it to go in to protect mode a good way to solve this is power caps as they effectively store power and fill in the drops in power. Optima yellow top batterys are also very good split charging with two or three batterys will help alot aswell. Or you could be trying to drive your speakers to hard whitch the amp will not like and put it in to protect mode.

Hope that helps.

easypug
Its normaly the big bass drops that put a dip in the power (lights will dim ect) this could be whats causing it to go in to protect mode a good way to solve this is power caps as they effectively store power and fill in the drops in power. Optima yellow top batterys are also very good split charging with two or three batterys will help alot aswell. Or you could be trying to drive your speakers to hard whitch the amp will not like and put it in to protect mode.

Hope that helps.

On the same note i've got an Optima Red top battery for sale (pm me if your interested)

Guest doggydowg

i might have that battery what amps is it, i just trie d a std battery which was 300 amps and my amp barely evan works with that abttery tried a 550amps one and it powers my sub a bit so a more powerfull battery might work;-) drop me a pm on price and what modle u have thanks Paul.

Sign in to follow this