• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Ecu Maps

smckeown

It would be good if we could start a thread that listed everybody's map(s). For all kinds of engines. It would help me considerably if someone could post a map for a 1.9 8v and list their state of tune.

cheers

sean

kate205gti

how do i add it?? :)

smckeown

host it somewhere and add in the URL link :)

I am happy to host it if you havent got anywhere, pm if needed

petert

PM me your email address. I've got three 1.9L 8V maps - std., warm cam + std. manifold, warm cam + TB's. The trouble with hosting is some would be reluctant as they see it as "intellectual property" and others would use the information for their own personal gain. I guess that's just forums in general though - it works both ways.

Sandy

Plus not all ECU map data is easily transferred, if the fuelling values are being transferred to another make of ECU, the results might well be different, depedning on how the values are read; batch, semi sequential etc.

Ignition curves are also subject to the accuracy of the initial setting of the CPS lead, a friend of mine ran into serious trouble with this issue recently when an the owner of an engine he'd built, disturbed the CPS and damn near melted the engine.

You have to be mighty careful sharing Maps.

Robsbc

Are you gonna to pay towards my £200 plus VAT mapping costs? :)

Edited by Robsbc

PumaRacing

Trying to glean anything from other people's maps is basically a waste of time. The injector durations, even for the same spec engine, will differ massively depending on injector size and even if the injectors are the same the fuel pressure might not be. Different ecu's might have different delay times in how fast they trigger an injector anyway. The ignition maps might have a hidden offset lurking in a default menu somewhere or might never have been corrected to the actual timing with a strobe light in the first place. I remember an engine that needed 40 or 50 degrees of advance in the map but that was only because the flywheel pickup was 20 degrees out and no one had bothered to zero it first.

Compression ratios, exhaust system design, cam timing, cylinder head flow rates, fuel octane number will alter things so much that what looks like a similar spec engine can actually be completely different.

In a list of the top ten pointless engine related things to do this one comes pretty high up.

M3Evo

It's not a bad place to get started though surely?

I started my car with it's completely unknown engine the other day and would've been lost if it weren't for a map kindly supplied by someone with a similar engine.

smckeown

yes m3evo this is to be used as a base map only, to get you started. I'm sure we can get a list of base maps for the most common engine types and ecu type to help people out

markrnorton

I have to agree with Dave (pumaracing) on this, there are millions of combinations, all of them individual for each engine.

I got my basemap with the ecu (Omex). Cant see why you'd need to post/host them here. :)

smckeown

a better list of basemaps essentially, with their associated mods

Sandy

If you do, you'll have to detail all the associated data, ignition type and verified spark lead angle (timing guns often aren't very accurate), injectors, fuel pressure (bearing in mind fixed regulators often give varying pressures), correction tables, genral settings etc etc.

I really don't think it's a good idea. a list of people that have done their own setting up, on what ECU and what engines; might be useful, for putting people in touch?

DrSeuss

I think all of you are getting to obsessed with the idea of someone trying to run their engine on a map posted on here.

Ok, so there are too many variables between individual mappers equipment etc etc. You can talk until your blue in the face. But as someone who isn't going to buy an ecu preloaded with someone else map, i'm just curious to see what one looks like.

We've verified the data is essentially useless without recreating exact specs. So whats the danger of posting it?

Robsbc

I presume KMS do not have a base map for a 1.9 8v?

The base Mi16 map I got from Emerald for my Mi16 the fuelling was well out...

The map info did not say what fuel pressure this map was but I do know that Emerald's BX runs @ 4 bar by co-incidence. Even so I forgot to tell SBC that and they had to do to some mapping to get the thing driveable for running in.

On the safe side I went back to Emerald after a few miles to map for higher revs and more load and then back again for the final mapping....I only paid the normal rate for mapping @ Emerald but in 2 installaments.

Edited by Robsbc

PumaRacing
It's not a bad place to get started though surely?

I started my car with it's completely unknown engine the other day and would've been lost if it weren't for a map kindly supplied by someone with a similar engine.

Most ecu's should come with a basemap and to be honest it's incredibly uncritical just to get a car started. You can put a flat 10 to 20 degrees of ignition timing everywhere and any car will run on that. Obviously something a bit closer to a real advance curve is better but it hardly matters. As for fuel the start up enrichment factor is so high (usually an extra 200% on top of the base map idle fueling) that the base map doesn't matter much either. Once the engine is running and warming up you can tinker the idle fueling to keep it going and get a steady hot idle and then if you understand fuel maps you can almost guess the rest.

Full throttle/full rpm pulse width will be about 3 to 4 times the idle setting, the pulse width at a given rpm will increase steadily with throttle position and at a given throttle position the pulse width should usually mirror the torque curve i.e. about 10% to 15% higher at peak torque than at peak power rpm and tailing away by maybe 30% at low rpm.

Sandy
I think all of you are getting to obsessed with the idea of someone trying to run their engine on a map posted on here.

Ok, so there are too many variables between individual mappers equipment etc etc. You can talk until your blue in the face. But as someone who isn't going to buy an ecu preloaded with someone else map, i'm just curious to see what one looks like.

We've verified the data is essentially useless without recreating exact specs. So whats the danger of posting it?

If you just want random maps to look at, download the DTA software from their site, it comes with some sample maps iirc.

smckeown

Sandy, this is about collecting peugeot engine specific maps and their associated engine mods. First reason is to get a good base map, better than the base ones supplied. Secondly it would actually be interesting to see how some maps differ for different mods etc.

Sam
Are you gonna to pay towards my £200 plus VAT mapping costs? :)

Exactly!!!

Plus usually you're best off starting from scratch with most parts.

markrnorton
First reason is to get a good base map, better than the base ones supplied. Secondly it would actually be interesting to see how some maps differ for different mods etc.

Sean

I think you're missing the point, a base map is exactly that, no more. It enables you to start the car, and then get it on a rolling road to be set up/mapped properly.

Are you really going to trawl through all the different maps , ignition , fueling,etc at every given rpm ??

I think not, not very 'interesting' at all.

Total waste of effort, as said by a few people, even if they are 'peugeot specific' , they could be for any engine !

Nuts topic :)

Edited by markrnorton

smckeown
Sean

I think you're missing the point, a base map is exactly that, no more. It enables you to start the car, and then get it on a rolling road to be set up/mapped properly.

Are you really going to trawl through all the different maps , ignition , fueling,etc at every given rpm ??

I think not, not very 'interesting' at all.

Total waste of effort, as said by a few people, even if they are 'peugeot specific' , they could be for any engine !

Nuts topic :)

I disagree, I think someones map from an engine of the same type and similar spec as yours is a better base map that what you get with the ECU. For example the KMS ones dont even provide anything peugeot/citroen related (from what i can remember)

Why then is that a pointless exercise or nuts topic ?

Also to see maps fopr a same engine with diff mods would be interesting

Sam

I think more to the point, most people won't want to hand out a map that cost them £300+ to get...

jackherer
I think more to the point, most people won't want to hand out a map that cost them £300+ to get...

why not? its not like you lose your map when someone else takes it :)

Robsbc
why not? its not like you lose your map when someone else takes it :)

Well someone else is £300 better off..

Maybe Sean should have bought an Emerald as they have got Peugeot specific maps?

jackherer
Well someone else is £300 better off..

:) how do you work that out?

smckeown

yeah i can understand people not wanting to put them into the public domain, i have no problem with that. But there may be some people (myself included eventually) who have no probs putting their map up on here.

What I do think is wrong is people saying this is a pointless thread, i think that's bollox myself.

It might also be good that the people in the know can comment on the maps themselves, could get interesting in my opinion

Sign in to follow this