• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

Adaptor Plate Needed To Fit 405 Seats To 205

tidypug

I've finally got round to fitting my new seats into my pug. I seem to remember a few people asking for dimensions of the adaptor plate so i thought that i would just scan my plates in. If you can print them off without srinking them to fit the page you should have an exact copy on mine. I've decided to go along the one piece route because i have found that it is a lot easier to fit the seats than it is with just 2 small plates like i did before. The plates should also be fitted to the inside sedges of the seats next to the hand brake. Just to make sure the size is right the pic should be 270mm in length and 39mm wide.

Hope this helps

seatmounts.jpg

j_turnell

I did it slightly different to you with my xm seats, i only used a bracket on one side giving me more clearance from the door bin. Heres a pic of mine.

Pic060.sized.jpg

Excuse the poor focus.

tidypug

Thats how i had them at first, you only use one of the spacers for each seat. I found it a pain to line every thing up with the 2 independent spacers front to back like you have. With just the one spacer its much easier to fit, i'll try and take some pics when i have them fitted tomorrow if all goes well.

Higgy

Ummm, my nice full leather Mi seats in me 205, sounds good. Might need some bigger bolsters though, as they are like executive swivel chairs!!

My 405 GLX seats have excellent lower and upper bolsters + lumbar adjustment, they might be quite nice. Currently using one bolted to some wood for when I play GT4! Sad I know.

blueice
i'll try and take some pics when i have them fitted tomorrow if all goes well.

Would be interested in the pics, good luck with the fitting :D

I just thought, are you using 205 subframes? Otherwise how else are they going to lift up :)

Edited by blueice

tidypug

Yeah i'm using the 205 bases, like you said no one would be able to get in the back other wise.

Well i got them in the other day, just a small bit of modding for them to fit but no real drama. I'd have taken some more pics but my camera went flat so i only got a couple. Below is a pic of the spacer plate attached to the frame.

seatbase.jpg

gti_al

Sorry to revive an old thread, but i started making some adapters to fit Mi16 seats today.

I found that using the 205 subframe, the handle to tilt the seat forward hit the backrest adjuster wheel thingy on the seat... Has anyone else found this?

If so, what should i do about it?

Frequentflyer
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i started making some adapters to fit Mi16 seats today.

I found that using the 205 subframe, the handle to tilt the seat forward hit the backrest adjuster wheel thingy on the seat... Has anyone else found this?

If so, what should i do about it?

Hallo GTI Al,

Just found your query whilst doing a search.

I have just fitted 405 front seats into my CTi, and I used Tidypug's adapter plates idea to do it. Yes, I ran up against the same problem. Tidypug's answer to this was to swap the drivers seat with the passenger seat, thus the adjuster wheels will then be on the inside of each seat, leaving the tilt handles free on the outside. This worked fine for me.

I am sure that you have worked this out by now .... but just in case.

Cheers

Roy

gti_al

Cheers mate, i only posted the question about an hour ago so it was fairly fresh!

And i had come to that conclusion - i really don't know why it took me that long either...

Did you use a single adapter plate, or two seperate ones for each seat? I used seperate plates, but am now unsure whether or not the other way would be better. I found a couple of people said using two was slightly less stable, although mine feels really solid.

Frequentflyer
Cheers mate, i only posted the question about an hour ago so it was fairly fresh!

And i had come to that conclusion - i really don't know why it took me that long either...

Did you use a single adapter plate, or two seperate ones for each seat? I used seperate plates, but am now unsure whether or not the other way would be better. I found a couple of people said using two was slightly less stable, although mine feels really solid.

I used a single plate for each seat, about ten and a half inches long and about one and a half inches wide ..... I am an old fart and still cannot get used to cms & mms!

I put the plate on the inside of each seat, running from back to front.

Any further queries please don't hesitate reply. I can email you a drawing of the plates and measurements if you like.

Good luck

Roy

Hilgie

I just cut the tilterhandles off. Works fine, just have reach down a little further.

tidypug

frequentflyer, so you managed to mount the seats ok?

Frequentflyer
frequentflyer, so you managed to mount the seats ok?

Yes - thanks to your plate/pictures/answers. I now have a drawing of the plate inc measurements, which may be of help to others in the future.

Cheers - Roy

tidypug

thats great, glad i could help :)

SPetrie

If you want to use the 205 release handles, take off the plastic and get a long pipe on the end of the handle and bend it out of the way, 10 second job if that.

gti_al
Any further queries please don't hesitate reply. I can email you a drawing of the plates and measurements if you like.

If it is possible, that would be excellent. I have got one seat done my way, but i'm not entirely happy with it and would be interested to try the way you both did it.

Are you able to post them up?

Thanks though, for some reason i get sick of doing things like this really fast.

tidypug

I finally got around to finish fitting my new seats. They're a tight fit but they do fit, the electric recline works as well. I had to bend the handle out of the way so it didn't foul the motor but apart from that they went straight in.

Picture008.jpg

a tight fit!

Picture009.jpg

the switch i robbed from my orion

Picture010.jpg

Frequentflyer
I finally got around to finish fitting my new seats. They're a tight fit but they do fit, the electric recline works as well. I had to bend the handle out of the way so it didn't foul the motor but apart from that they went straight in.

Picture008.jpg

a tight fit!

Picture009.jpg

the switch i robbed from my orion

Picture010.jpg

Hallo Tidypug,

Congrats - and a motorised back rest! Not bad!

Roy

tidypug

they weren't too bad to do really, it was just a bit time consuming with having to fabricate the switch holder. I think it was worth it though. :ph34r:

gti_al

They look great. I got my 405 seats in yesterday, although i am not entirely happy with the lack quick access to the handbrake. (i play with it lots...)

Otherwise they look fantastic, and are far more comfortable in the 205 than my 405. (due to removing the back spacer they sit at a good angle)

Anyway, i will be keeping the passengers Mi16 seat, and dropping a bucket in the drivers side soon. Thanks for the advice in this thread though, as it was my main referance in getting it right.

Sign in to follow this