• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkdave

307 Brakes

yorkdave

hi all, i have just tried to get the 307 front calipers for my 205 from peugeot, however peugeot are saying that the part numbers given on the main site are no longer valid. they are saying that there are two different calipers for me to chose from and they need to know the exact model and year of 307 i need the brakes from. can any one help me out, thanks very much, dave

mbayley77

Mine are from a 2002 model hdi.

Think i am right in saying also they are the same as the 206 gti brakes. So the dealer should be able to cross referance the number and find which one matches from the 307 to the 206.

jim205GTI

the dealer i went to said the same but i just used the reg details from my mums company car to get the brakes ;):angry:

so you could always locate a 307 hdi near you and use that reg but i'm not suggesting that ok :(

jshep205gti

Whatever you do, don't tell the people at Pug that the 307 brakes are for a 205! I don't think they'd understand.

I'm so going to put some pukka brakes on my car in the new year! Got to be one of the best mods.

Shep

yorkdave

thanks fellas, should be able to sort it from there

Livelee
Whatever you do, don't tell the people at Pug that the 307 brakes are for a 205! I don't think they'd understand.

I'm so going to put some pukka brakes on my car in the new year! Got to be one of the best mods.

Shep

I've just had that painful conversation with my local Pug dealer.

What I want to know is this...will the brakes from a 206 CC 1.6 16v 53 plate fit? Are they the same as a 206 180 GTi?

Any help would be great.

DrSeuss

No, but brakes from a 307 HDi are (the same as a 206 180)

Steve.C
No, but brakes from a 307 HDi are (the same as a 206 180)

very correct and alot cheaper also, reason being...the lack of the letters G, T and i which would push the price up somewhat

jim205GTI

i know when i went to price mine up i was amazed at the difference typical car manufacturer :D i went to one dealership and when they typed in the reg i could see it on the screen and it came out with all the details and that the car actually goes into them to get worked on...... and so there i am asking for new parts for it as they see it :o

Guest Nathanlgd

try the on-line places, they're cheaper than the main dealer. Is it brakesinternational.com? and theres eurocarparts.whatever as well.

Basicly, there are two upgrades from the standard 247/246?mm brakes. Theres the 266mm discs with bigger calipers from the 206 GTI (not 180!) and the 306 HDi etc etc (as well as many others). This size brake is probably the best all rounder on the 205 GTI. The other alternative is the 283mm? found on the 306 GTI-6, the 307 HDi's and the 206 GTI 180. These stop better, obviously, but you get a little extra pedal travel which ould be dangerous in an MOT situation :P I had the 283's on my last laser grean GTI and they were very good. I'm going to be upgrading the brakes some time next year, the standard ones just dont cut it with Mi power.

If anyone in the know can give part numbers for the required bits for the 266 and 283mm set ups from brakesinternational I'd be very appraciative and so would a few others on here :unsure:

pug309twin40s

its www.brakeparts.co.uk

Sign in to follow this