• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve.C

Ignition Only Management

Steve.C

as title, have done a search but couldnt find what i was after so... any pointers for ignition only management to run with my carbs? im assuming i am correct in saying this will enable me to alter my ignition timing thus giving more scope with the carbs?

shoot me down in flames if im wrong!

Hilgie

Omex 100 appears to be good, but if I were you I'd splash out a little more money and buy Emerald of MS II and use only ignition. If you ever decide to swap the carbs for tbs you'll be done in a minute.

M3Evo

Think you can buy the Emerald with ignition only and then upgrade at a later date.

I'd be quite interested to know what a GTi running the injection system and an electronic ignition system would be like to drive, especially the economy.

I've bleated on about this many many times before, but the biggest difference I could see between the engine management on the beemer and the 205 was the electronic ignition on the beemer.

It had a very similar 0-60 (on paper) but still returned marginally better economy despite weighing more and having an extra 0.6 litres.

charlie_sav

There is quite abig thread on this somewhere.

but the kms KMS Ignition ECU + Beakout Loom Aluminuim Box is £231.40 plus the vat.

has rev limiter launch control etc.

boombang

When you get quotes and prices from places, ensure they include everything.

I've put a few prices together from various places and found that once you add VAT, sensors, loom etc there really isn't much in it.

My personal opinion is you should decide who and where you want it mapped - this is much harder a decision to make than what make of management to buy.

Simple solution then is to ask this trusted mapper what they prefer. At the end of the day there isn't that much to seperate the management systems (cue big arguements?) but a good setup will make all the difference.

So I say find a good mapper, use what he wants you to use and then buy that.

maxi
So I say find a good mapper, use what he wants you to use and then buy that.

COULDNT AGREE MORE! Far to many setups are a load of s*it purely due to the guy mapping it being completely useless

Maxi

Sign in to follow this