• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

309 Gti Rear Beam On Xs

christopher

AFIK the 309 beam is wider then the 1.9 GTi one.

On my Euro Rallye I have fitted what I think is a 1.9 Gti rear beam (was on a 1.6 Gti so I'm not 100% sure)

(The Euro Rallye also has rear arch cutouts similar to a GTi not a base model)

I am also running phase 2 106 Rallye steelies with 185/60 14 tyres.

The tyres will rub both on the plastic arches and the body arch when there is large bumps and a load in teh back. (running standard shocks).

However cutting some parts off the inner lip of the plastic Rallye arch MAY prevent this somewhat

Incidentally does anyone know how I can tell a 1.9 Gti rear beam from a 309 Gti one? Torsion bar thickness maybe? Anone have teh exact thickness?

Edited by christopher

Anthony
Incidentally does anyone know how I can tell a 1.9 Gti rear beam from a 309 Gti one? Torsion bar thickness maybe? Anone have teh exact thickness?

Torsion bars are 19mm for a 205 GTi beam, and 20mm for a 309 GTi beam (and 21mm IIRC for a 309 GTi16 beam).

DaveW

what rear dampers will you use?

taylorspug

Also measure up the beam tube, the 309 item will be around 50mm wider than your 205 one. :)

Sign in to follow this