• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dream Weaver

Where Can I Get These Exhaust Bolts?

Dream Weaver

Trying to fit my exhaust system back on but i've chucked the Y-section fittings as shown below:

Pug205Mi16_ManifoldTail.jpg

I just need the bolts, springs and washers but i'm not sure if these are std Pug parts or not. I had a look at some in the motor factors last week but the bolt threads were about 8mm, and I need 10-12mm to fit into the threaded holes on the Y-Section.

Anyone any clues?

Daz_C

Maniflow is probably your best bet. They will probably charge the earth though. :D

The captive nuts came loose on my old one and I just replaced with a big bolt and 2 nuts (one to lock it off)

worked a treat on mine for a couple of years !

Simes

Probably M10 or M12, could ask Miles.

Edited by Simes

tom_m

would the stock downpipe union bolts fit?

e30m3

if there the same as the standard manifold bolts you can get them from any exhaust place think i got mine from ATS.

Rob_the_Sparky

They look very much like the bolts I had in my Maniflow system, in which case they certainly aren't standard.

Dream Weaver

I dont think they are std either. As I say I looked at some std ones last week and they looked much smaller.

Dream Weaver

Anyone else? Need to get the bolts tomorrow.

Does no-one have a Pugspares manifold fitted and has replaced the bolts?

Dream Weaver

I have some bolts that fit, but the exhaust needs the stepped bolts, similar to std but bigger, if you see what I mean.

And I also need the springs, cups, washers etc - basically the std Pug kit but with a 10-12mm threaded bolt instead of the smaller diameter std bolt.

Miles

These bolts are unique to the system and can vary from year to year as well which doesn't help matters, But the nuts can always be tapped out and new ones used,

Further to your PM I would get them from Maniflow as that will be the quickest way as I'm not in Salisbury much at all these days,

Dream Weaver

Thanks Miles.

Bit of a pain then to get some new ones quickly. :)

Will std bolts work, or does it need that stepped bit in it? Thought about buying the Pug kit for the springs/washer, then just using normal bolts.

Dream Weaver

Just had an email from Maniflow for these bolts, they want £25 + vat + carriage, just for 2 bolts and springs :P

Its the last required part holding the project up though, so may have to pay it :D

Seems like a rip off to me :D

Kev-G

Step is just to maintain the 'correct' tension on the springs.

I'd certainly try the springs from a Pug manifold (if long enough) and some bolts of the correct size, but longer. The bolts should be longer to go through the captive nut @ the manifold side and to allow another nut to be used to lock it off (remember that without the step you will not be able to leave some movement on the joint but also tighten the bolt).

Dream Weaver

Does the joint need much movement?

There should be very little engine movement with the Grp N rubber mount set, so the exhuats should be relatively solid.

Think I will try some of the std bolts from the motor factor as they are cheap enough to try them.

Dj_mini

The pugspares manifold is made at a place called torque tecnique (cant spell) in wilton wiltshire give him a ring hes a sound bloke and has the manifolds on the shellf so has prob got the bolts awell.

Hope this helps.

speedy indy

bit off topic but anyone know how much a Y section like that one costs ?

Dream Weaver

Finally got some bolts sorted from Maniflow :)

The £25 fitting kit was for the entire Maniflow exhaust - Y-section gasket, clamps and bolts, plus the backbox clamps and olive fitting (all of which i've got), but they just emailed to say the bolts/springs alone are £7 incl vat/carriage so that will do for me :D

Sign in to follow this