• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Bosal 2 Piece Downpipe And Front Filter

M@tt

I'm going to need a new 2 piece downpipe and front silencer to go with my olive fitting magnex back box however every motor factor i try for an arvin one looks at me like ive got 2 heads!!

My local factors i usually use gets bosal stuff and from their book and this picture from bosals website it would appear that it has the hallowed split down the centre of it.

can anyone confirm that it does or it doesn't for me as they would only order one specially so i would have to pay for it and obvioulsy i dont want to if its not right.

Also does £87 sound about right for it? i thought that sounded quite high but bearing in mind i have never bough an exhaust before i could be talking out of my arse ;)

06211361.gif

pug_ham

IIRC Fiji Bob got a Bosal one a while ago & it has a smaller version of the divider wall that only runs about 6" down the down pipe. An exhaust dealers (& lots of motor factors) will tell youthat they are the same company which is true but they still use different patterns for the same thing & Arvin are the only ones I know of that make the right one.

You an get a centre pipe that fits a sleeve joint at the front & has an olive joint at the back afaik. If not get handy with a welder, job done.

£87 + vat or including? £54 + vat from GSF for the same thing.

Graham.

M@tt

cheers graham

i think it was 87+vat!!

my orginal 3 piece downpipe doesnt have a split so i'd need a new one anyway

so i wonder which would be cheaper.

new downpipe and centre section for a 3 piece

or

new front section 2 piece one

i'm guessing the 2 piece

also i take it thet the gsf one isn't arvin as other posts seem to say this

DrSeuss

get the 3 piece system so you can upgrade to grp. n later

M@tt

just been phoning around a few exhaust places and they say that they just have a timex/arvin book as they are now the same company and so only have one listing for the part i want.

So any sugestions as to how i can make sure i ge the right one because from other posts it seems that despite being the same company the parts are differnet.

No where seems to stock these exhausts off the shelf so they have to get them in especially and i could really do without multiple trips fannying about getting the wrong one.

Cheers

Matt

GLPoomobile

Matt, I had the same problem as you. Couldn;t find anyone who stocked a genuine Arvin pipe for love nor money, even though I had already been pointed in the right direction by somebody on here. So, I bit the bullit, took their word for it and ordered a downpipe from buypartsby.com, and it certainly is a proper Arvin pipe. Think it cost about £50.

Get on there, job done. Glad to help.

Ryan

www.buypartsby.co.uk

£51ish + vat

I bought one a few months back and it's an Arvin one.

M@tt

excellent cheers chaps gonna get myself one ordered tonight

M@tt

quick question

which parts do i need from the bits listed that connects the downpipe to the manifold? i cant tell if PGK2 is a pack containing the rest of the bits or not

has anyone order any of them?

630186.png

Edited by M@tt

Powers

Yes, PGK2 contains the springs, bolts, nuts and washers. Should be around £7.

M@tt

excellent thanks very much

pug_ham

Matt, its worth spending the extra & getting one direct from Peugeot, the aftermarket downpipe manifold gasket I fitted didn't last 200 miles befoe it wqs blowing.

I got a kit recently (1798.80) & it was £12 iirc & comes with everything including better springs etc.

Graham.

Miles

The old boys advice is spot on, it's worth gettibg the OE exhaust fitting kit

Ryan

Agreed. I bought the manifold fitting kit from buypartsby and it was useless. The bolts are too long and made out of the cheapest crapest metal I've ever seen - They both snapped as soon as I put any pressure on the bolts.

The gasket ring was also litarally made of cardboard. :rolleyes:

jackherer

I've just chucked a brand new cardboard downpipe gasket in the bin that my mate bought despite me telling him not to :rolleyes:

M@tt

cheers chaps

unfortunately i've already ordered the bits but i might email them and see if they can get them to cancel those bits

M@tt

well i'ver just received an email from them to say my exhasut was too big for the standard delivery charge so they would need to charge an additional £20!!! i told them to cancel the order

balls back to square 1!!

need to find a arvin/timax dealer close to me

Edited by M@tt

Ahl

Make sure you get an Arvin exhaust - although they are the same company, I've seen Timax exhausts without the split.

I've also had a Bosal exhaust on a bx16v, it had no split.

Are you finding it hard to get Arvin? Most motorfactors round me can get hold of it ok, my whole exhaust was just over £100, I think £40 something for the backbox and £69 for the downpipe+centre.

M@tt

its like trying to find a honest scouser!! :lol: only kidding

i've tried loads of places round here when you say you want a specific type all i get is "i've got an arvin/timax book with one part number in you'll have to see what turns up".

as i dont have a car during the day i can really do without fannying about going back and forth only to find its the wrong part. i'm tempted to just phone the factory and ask where they deliver to! they're in blackpool if i'm correct

Edited by M@tt

GLPoomobile

Did you only order the downpipe?

Can;t understand why they would need to charge an extra £20. Didn't happen when I ordered it!

M@tt

sorry i ordered the later style all in one downpipe and front silencer as i've got an olive fitting magnex backbox as it worked out cheaper than buying the earlier 3 piece style seperately.

or not as it turns out!

Edited by M@tt

tagy

have you got one yet mat? I am now looking for a arvin front pipe for the 2-piece system.

I think i will try buypartsby and see if they try to charge me more for delivery or not.

Sign in to follow this