• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich xs

205 Plasma Dials

tom_m
Holy s*it, where are they from?

I'm not usualyy a fan of aftermarket dial faces for the 205 but they look lovely!

hell yeah they look sweet!

TEKNOPUG

WANT, NEED, HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foltan

Yeah, where cud we get some from!?

Gentrix

Oh - this is from a Guy in our german Forum. He did a brilliant job with his dials. He said something about doing some more, but I have no idea, how far that has grown.

I´ll try some research then

andi

sub205

hey

this plasma-conversion is from me. the dials itself where created with psp and printed by a local copyshop. i inspired myself a lil bit from need4speed underground, but i wanted to stay as close to stock as possible. i think they are ok, perhaps there could be some minor improvements, but i'll do a new one this year when i've got some spare time.

the dials are backlighted from standard plasma-foils, they are cutable and need a small transformer to give them the needed 100volt ac. behind every gauge there are several smd-leds. red, green and blue. so i had to do the job only once and can choose the colour later ;)

controlling is done by a µC-circuit.

engine off -> everything dims red.

engine on -> dimming from red to blue

the more rpm, the more red in the corresponding gauge. at 5500rpm it switches green for a short range, after that its completely red.

i also removed the warning bulbs next to each small gauge and managed to turn the corresponding gauge from blue to red.

the complete project took me about 2 weeks, mostly nights :D

here are some better pictures of it at work:

Only light on:

http://sub.ath.cx/staff/tacho/IMGP5928.JPG

Engine off:

http://sub.ath.cx/staff/tacho/IMGP5929.JPG

Engine on:

http://sub.ath.cx/staff/tacho/IMGP5935.JPG

Rev1:

http://sub.ath.cx/staff/tacho/IMGP5938.JPG

Rev2:

http://sub.ath.cx/staff/tacho/IMGP5940.JPG

The electronic circuit:

http://sub.ath.cx/staff/tacho/elektronik.jpg

if you need some more informations, just ask!

greetz,

Stephan

pacey205

Sub205 they look really good. Looks like quite alot of work involved but the results are excellent. Quality work.

Michael

Guest rich xs

Wow Stephan they look amazing! My plasma dials have taken a bit of a back seat for the moment as I've had other things going on but I think I'll have to take them back to the drawing board now anyway and maybe do something similar to yours.

I love the blue needles as well - I had no idea it was possible to get them that colour as the plastic is orange but it looks fantastic.

Hats-off with the fancy circuitry as well. I can only imagine how cool the dials look as they change colour!

tom_m

holy cow batman, that must have taken a lot of work! much respect, thats very very cool!

Guest Grand Monkey

Gotta say they do look cool, though cool and complex to make springs to mind.

timmsy19

WOW indeed these are a real nice set up well done sub205. good work? the question that is probably going trough peoples minds is when are you making more...lol :lol::)

sub205
Wow Stephan they look amazing! My plasma dials have taken a bit of a back seat for the moment as I've had other things going on but I think I'll have to take them back to the drawing board now anyway and maybe do something similar to yours.

I love the blue needles as well - I had no idea it was possible to get them that colour as the plastic is orange but it looks fantastic.

Hats-off with the fancy circuitry as well. I can only imagine how cool the dials look as they change colour!

The orange needles can easily be converted to white ones, just scratch the orange colour off and paint them with white, like tipp-ex or something :lol:

the biggest problems where the leds, there is no place to put this staff behind the dials, its really tricky. but as you can see, its possible.

my only lasting problem is that i need someone who can print the dials on a good foil, so they look like the original ones (material, colour), my ones are shiny. yesterday i found a company in my area that is doing print-jobs for commercials. perhaps they can help me, i dont want to order my dial somewhere over the internet, i want a local printing partner so i can do changes very fast and pick up my new dials there, not waiting 1 or 2 weeks for the "post" to bring them to me ...

ALEX

They look great.

How about making the rev needle flash as it hits the peak of the rev curve.

Just a thought.

sub205

thats an interesting idea, i'll try this in the next version of my software. shouldn't be too complicated. i'll add a shift-light in the next release, right now i'm fighting with the limited number of i/o-ports of my controller :-)

Enfield
thats an interesting idea, i'll try this in the next version of my software. shouldn't be too complicated. i'll add a shift-light in the next release, right now i'm fighting with the limited number of i/o-ports of my controller :-)

Looks awesome mate, although the trip and miles counters need to be lit up too.

hman205

anby chance of a uk version of these dials ? would be very interested in them at the right price

sub205

@Enfield:

yes, i forgot about this, but its just a prototype, the next version will include this. i just dont know which colour to use. white or blue...

@hman205:

what do you mean with "a uk version"? are there differences between european and uk units?

easypug
@hman205:

what do you mean with "a uk version"? are there differences between european and uk units?

I think the only difference is the speedo as in Miles per hour and kilometers per hour. Sure it works the same though so just a matter or swapping over the numbers?

sub205

hm ok, i thought the usa where the only country thats using miles, now i know it better :ph34r:

its no problem to change the numbers, there are even finished foils to buy, so why not just using one of them?

Sign in to follow this