• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest donny206

Setting Up Gaz Coilovers

kyepan
NO and NO. Spring rate will only change by either cutting the front springs so there are fewer coils or if the coil is progressive (which it is not on a coilover) where lower coils come into contact with each other. On the rear you cannot alter the torsion bar rate. the only rate change will come about when you hit the rubber bumpstop. Strongly recommend not doing this as the sudden rate change mid corner can cause sudden oversteer. I think I sent you a damper set up guide which explains how your front (rebound only) and rear (bump and rebound) interract together. There is a "right" mid point level of damping where the damper effectively controls the oscillation of the spring... turn them up and to a point you can gain grip - go to far and you lose grip. Bilsteins are not adjustable and many people have excellent results with them with variable spring rates. Turning adjustables up as far as you have gone effectively stops the suspension working properly. Not only that you can damage the car. On some cars turning dampers up full can make the top mount literally rip through the bodywork (fortunately not on the Pug).

Hi there,

thanks for all the answers guys, I got the guide but to be honest it was a little bit complicated for me.. I will try reading it again though.

Your right about the stiffness, i'm erring well away from very stiff, especially at the front and have raised the front considerably, will measure settings and share results after the weekend.

Thanks for the info on the spring rates.

Sign in to follow this