• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rik

Rose-jointed Wishbones

pug_ham

Rik, I was talking about driveshafts in my previous reply.

As for wishbone's, the only diference (benefit? ) with using 309 arms in place of 205 ones is that you will have extra adjustment & the rose joint thread can be closer to the wishbone giving less leverage to avoid bending them if that was a problem. The downside to this being that the stronger you make them the more severe the damage will be in an impact. Instead of bending a rosejoint alone you might snap the balljoint lug off on the hub.

Graham.

Rik

Do you know what angle the rose joint should be at?

Rik

markrnorton

Rik

Not sure if there is an 'optimum' angle, mine are welded in straight, rose joint makes any angle adjustment. The movement/angle change is minimal anyway with suspension travel (if you have any travel that is !)

2 pics of my set up. rose joint and welded sleeve to standard wishbone.

PC180009.jpg

PC180010.jpg

Rik

Thanks for that mark, i've been told its 17deg (by 309 PUG). Did you make those R/J wishbones yourself? Have you driven the car at that angle?

Are you not using an ARB by the way?

Looks like you've done a good job of the car, i like those tyres!!??!!

markrnorton

Rik

Bought the wishbones already made, although i have 2 spare sets of 309 wishbones which i intend to modify in the same way as spares.

ARB is fitted just not connected to the drop link, still not sure whether i'm going to run with it or not.

Tyres are Dunlop SP sport slicks, nice and grippy !

M

Rik

Are you looking to sell a set at all? 3 sets is just mad, i understood rose joints last longer tha n standard!

Rik

markrnorton

They do, just need some spares for racing !

Rik

Just rung ABS and got quoted for:

RBJ79MG - £67.64 + VAT???

Chris quoted them at being £55 plus VAT!!??!!

Do you think the guy has got it wrong or have the prices gone up for 2006??

Rik

205wrc
Just rung ABS and got quoted for:

RBJ79MG - £67.64 + VAT???

Chris quoted them at being £55 plus VAT!!??!!

Do you think the guy has got it wrong or have the prices gone up for 2006??

Rik

The prices have gone up, as I've just paid £160 for a pair (all in) from a different supplier. The last time I bought some was two years ago and they were £140 all in inc discount!

Is there anybody interested in buying a set, cause I know of a brand new pair - the price is the only thing that I don't know at present. How much are people willing to pay for them?

These are supplied using new genuine Peugeot rubber ("Kleber" make) bushes, the bolt, spacers and stock that is welded into the arm is made from EN24 mild steel (all new), and a pair of brand new RBJ79MG rose joints. I have pictures if any body is interested. They are not TAS ones!!!!!!!!!

Aled

Rik

Pictures would be good - price would be essential!

Rik

e:mail if you like to richard.parkinson2@baesystems.com

Sign in to follow this