• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
elrikos

Very General Mi16 Loom Question

elrikos

Hey guys

right i'm sorry to keep asking questions but i think i've got most of the mi16 loom threads on this forum memorised by now and cant find the answer to this one.

probably a stupid simple question but i need the answer as i've been scratching my head.

i know the ecu mounts under the dash (by drivers right knee) but where does the other end of the loom go? by this i mean the black and brown multiplug. i know they form one end of the link loom but what i want to know is the physical routeing of the wiring to get it back to the brown plugs under the dash near the ecu.

does the wiring loom do a big loop somehow or is the loom supposed to go back on itself at some point?

i'm rambling and terribly confused so if someone could help me out i'd be hugely grateful.

Cheers (again!)

Rich

pug309twin40s

when i took the mi16 loom out my 309 goodwood the ECU connector and 2 plugs that connect to the 205 bits come through a big hole in the bulkhead by the clutch pedal. Should have a big grommet in the hole. The loom then fed up along by the fuel filter down by the top engine mount then under the inlet manifold and across to the gearbox. where it should have all the connectors for the AFM, temp sensor, temp warning light etc on the end.

Alan_M

The brown and black plugs on the loom locate near my passenger side headlight (405 loom). From this, the link loom you make routes back to under the dash to connect upto the brown/black plugs for the dials.

Routing is upto you, but routed my link-loom alongside the ecu loom for neatness :)

d-9

What mi16 loom is it you're using, 405 or bx?

elrikos

i thought it was a 405 loom but the ecu on it is ml4.1 bx. most of the wires are mating up to whats in the variopus guides. only one that isnt is a thick wire with what appears to be 2 cores (or possibly a screened wire). think it was labelled 4 but it was hard to see. any ideas guys? no idea how to tell a bx and 405 loom apart tbh.

d-9

IVe only ever used the BX loom so dont know where the connecters are on the 405 loom, but there are two thick wires that are screened. One has a 3 pin connector on the end that plugs into the crank sensor (on top of the gearbox) and one goes to the coil/ignition amp. Has it just been cut off?

elrikos

think i've got it licked. it is a 405 loom (found out that the bx has the ecu mounted under the seat so has loads of slack and this one doesnt!) goodness only knows where the bx ecu came from then!

the screened wire went to the coil so i've wired it up to 112 on the plug (there was no 112 wire i could see and i know the rev counter wire comes oof the coil so hopefully that'll be it.

i'll stick a pic of the loom up. i'm quite happy with the way it turned out in the end. decided not to use the brown and black plugs and to solder the wires directly onto the loom. i removed all the loom tape, did the soldering and retaped the loom (using loom tape). the brown plugs are just where they need to be and the whole loom looks factory built. really chuffed with it.

just hope it works now!

Sign in to follow this