• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
elrikos

Link Loom Question Fao Miles!

elrikos

Hey guys.

been reading through the huge amount of info on link looms etc. one thing that keeps comingup is miles posting that link looms are a bodge. not too interested in bodging my car tbh so i'd like to know what is the best way of achieving the wiring conversion? i do have the parts for the link loom (plugs etc) but if there is a more.....elegant :) way of doing it i'd like to go that route. soldering etc isnt a problem (i repair xboxes in my spare time so my soldering if very very good!)

rich

Miles

The way I always do them unless the cars around a pre 88 model (Sensor loom is seperate) I make a new sensor loom which benifits from new cable which hasn;t corroded like they do which makes crimping/soldering difficult. The 405 loom needs the oil pressure wire anyway and a few removing so if you start you may as well finish.

d-9

You may want to check out the "Mi16 wiring guide thread" in the general forum from about a week ago, there was a bit of debate on this subject.

Personally I think a totally new sensor loom is overkill as apart from the occasional spade connector falling off, Ive never had a problem with the sensor loom, just the injection looms.

For my current Mi coversion I pulled out the 8v loom, stripped out all the injection wiring and coil wiring, leaving just the wires for the sensors, the switched live, fuel pump wire and rev counter wire. This has left me with a tidy sensor loom which is taped up with the injection loom. *That* bit of the loom is fine, its the crappy old BX wiring that I have issues with :)

Sign in to follow this