• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
elrikos

Warning To You Guys

elrikos

Hey guys

just discovered a loose subframe bolt on my new shiny mi. thought i'd just bung it up in case you guys want to check yours. made a horrendous banging noise which did have me puzzled for a few mins as everything seemd nie and tight!

cheers

rich

DrSeuss

Mattcony had this, but after tightening them up as hard as they would possibly go, it only accelerated the rate they fell out of the subframe again....

feb

What sort of noise does it make? Both my ZX and 205 make a vibrating noise when I go over small pot holes. (as if two wooden planks hitting together)

taylorspug

If they are falling out id say it would be a good idea to replace the bolts and captive nuts in the car. :P

2-Pugs

or put some threadlock on them

elrikos

i used red threadlock. will not come undone without the help of a blowtorch. usually will shear the fastener or mangle the head of the nut rather than come undone. heres hoping they stay in!

oh and yes it makes a noise like 2 planks of wood being smacked together. its usually the single bolt on the subframe arm (the bit near the driveshaft) rather than the 2 situated near the ARB that seem to loosen.

jackherer

I've had this too, threadlock solves it (although I changed a droplink before I realised the subframe was falling off :P)

daza

Just found out my subframe bolt is loose and cannot be tightened or loosened :) does it mean the captive nut has come away from chassis and needs welding? is it a expensive job? any help appreciated :)

Daz_C

If its one of the bolts on the floor pan its just captive nuts under the carpet held in by a strap of metal and some tabs so no welder needed to replace them just a trip to the scrappy.

daza

I think it's the one forther forward n/s,sort of underneath battery area.

Simes

mmm..that could be a bit more trouble then.

pug_ham
Just found out my subframe bolt is loose and cannot be tightened or loosened
It doesn't move or simply turns?

I think this one is replacable, iirc Butler had one go on his car a while ago & managed to fit a knew one easily enough.

Graham.

daza

Just a quick question probably dumb :blink: i lifted up carpet to tighten up nut and there is only one there i guess there should be two?

pug_ham

What for?

The rear mounts for the seat should have one to the body & one to the seat to the mounting bracket for the outer mount.

The inner mounts (over the exhaust tunnel) should have two bolts through the subframe into the floorpan.

Graham.

daza

Sorry the subframe ones,one was loose and looks like the other one has fell out :blink: trip to peugeot tomorrow then.

Sign in to follow this